Son Volt Reforms And Returns To Studio

Godsownsinger

Son Volt

Post by Godsownsinger »

I dont really see this as a "reunion", just like I didnt see Blue Sky as a "reunion" album for the Bottle Rockets.

There is only so much you can do at one time, now its time for the next Son Volt album, and Im glad! :D

clarkma5

Post by clarkma5 »

Nice to hear Son Volt's back; I hope Jay doesn't regress because of it, though.

Or maybe he'll just balance a solo career and an SV career and make everyone happy!

donny23

Post by donny23 »

Rock 'n roll rule #5: Reunion albums virtually always suck.

see: Stone Roses, Television, Sex Pistols, The Buzzcocks, etc.

As much as I love all things Jay, it's time for him to retire the Son Volt name and continue his solo work. I don't begrudge any of you for getting excited over the reunion, but you should consider seeking out some new & exciting bands rather than clinging to nostalgia for 1995. I'm just as curious as you to hear what the new Son Volt record will sound like, but I'm expecting a tired, rehashed effort.

Route

Post by Route »

I have waited for this since the old days on the Son Volt board many years ago. So long overdue. But many of us saw this coming and I must say I've had this feeling since Jay started playing w/ Canyon. Man I'm a happy guy.

I Am Who Am

desperate

Post by I Am Who Am »

Sounds like a last-gasp, desperate attempt to salvage a career. Hope it succeeds.

widespreadchanges

Post by widespreadchanges »

whoopie a resurrection.

I'd like to be the first to bless this coming album with rocky goodness and country charm. Blessed Be. Amen.

:)

eamon

Post by eamon »

Just recieved confirmation from another source that tells me that what we have here is true :D :D :D :D Son Volt is BACK with all orginal members Eric Heywood always has been a bonus to the band but he is not considered a Band member. Unlike the added musician on "Straightaways" who place his name as a band member in the credit for that CD playing the tambourine. I think that was a joke because that was all this particular person did for Son Volt he never really tour with the Band.

Straightaways

Post by Straightaways »

tears, tears, tears!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY TODAY!!!!!!! THIS IS THE BEST SURPRISE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Antelope850

Post by Antelope850 »

Awesome news.

You know, there was something about Jay's voice in "Sometimes" - which everyone should get if they haven't by the way, great song - that made me think maybe the Son Volt reunion might be on. He just sounds like he's really digging it. I love Jay's solo stuff (I can't get SSBL out of my player) but I can't fucking wait for the new Son Volt album and tour.

loosestring

Post by loosestring »

all i have to say is...YYYYYYYYES! SON VOLT RULES! EEEEEAHHHHHEHEHE YEAH! THEY RULE! THEY RULE! MMMMMHMMMHMMMHMHMHM! •goes into violent convulsions•

criminals

Post by criminals »

My heart skipped a beat or two. Awesome news.

sam6025

Post by sam6025 »

I wonder if Eric Heywood will be back.

Godsownsinger

Post by Godsownsinger »

Band Members: Jay Farrar: Guitar, Lead Vocals Dave Boquist: Guitar, Banjo, Fiddle, Lap Steel Guitar Jim Boquist: Bass Guitar, Backing Vocals Mike Heidorn: Drums

THIS IS SON VOLT!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

freeuntilcaught

Post by freeuntilcaught »

i am so on clouds right now. my friend called and asked if i'd read the announcement yet and i automatically assumed it was bad news, but this is RAD. i thought he was going to tell me the jay show we're flying halfway across the country to see was cancelled, but no! SON VOLT! I'm off to play a record loudly...

gblues

jesus me

Post by gblues »

I thought I'd never get my chance to see these guys, I can't wait to hear the outcome.