Cover Songs

Stevie Simkin

Post by Stevie Simkin »

My own favourites: Sing Me Back Home done on piano, Little Rock, Feb 02; and Son Volt's cover of Ain't No More Cane.

Stevie

Post by Guest »

I have a copy of UT doing Color Me Impressed and going straight into I Want to Be Sedated. Tweedy does the singing. It's quite nice.

NoDepression

Post by NoDepression »

Blue Eyes

wilcoisfromstlouismo

Post by wilcoisfromstlouismo »

Mike hiedorn on lead guitar plaing I've Been Working On The Railroad. it's from a UT radio interview from Columbia MO.

Post by Guest »

"I Found That Essence Rare" covered by Uncle Tupelo live... Originally by Gang of Four.

moonshiner

controled chaos

Post by moonshiner »

Whoa! A nod to the Mats. A cover of "Color me impressed" off Hootenanny? I can see Jay playing lead on his SG on this one -- head down slanted back -- controled chaos. Awesome...

D360

Post by D360 »

I have a bootleg of UT doing "Wrote a song for everyone", "Color me impressed" and "I wanna destroy you" that I very much enjoy. The first two are Jeff on vocals, the last Jay. Good stuff that shows the more punky side of UT.

saratoga jaythe first

Post by saratoga jaythe first »

I have a tape of Uncle Tupelo doing a live version of Little Feat's "Willin'" with Jay on vocals and I tell you what, its awesome. Off the top of my head I would have to say that "Effigy" would be a distant second place finisher.

jgw75

Cover Songs

Post by jgw75 »

What are your opinions on the best Farrar/SV/UT cover songs? Along with the brilliance of their original work, the Farrar/UT/SV chain managed to put out a number of incredible covers, taking the work of others and almost always making it better. That being said, what are the best covers done by the Farrar/SV/UT chain?