The flipside of SV reunion

Duckman

Post by Duckman »

countryBoy wrote:As soon as I get back on track I'll be trading and spreading the word again.
And we all will love you for it :D

But concentrate on taking care of your family, that's always the most important thing!

countryBoy

Post by countryBoy »

Just got through some tough Family stuff but I am in the process of converting a 1999 WST tour VHS to DVD and will forward it to Sawyer when finished. I owe him a few things but free time became scarce when both of my parents became ill at the same time. A friend of mine is hooking me up with the 4/30/94 UT show, night before the final show DVD and I'll pass that along as well. I mentioned before that I have the old Gram Parsons live VHS and some folks here were interested in that as well but I haven't converted it yet. As soon as I get back on track I'll be trading and spreading the word again.

mcarlton

Post by mcarlton »

CountryBoy.
How about setting up a tree for some of that SV Video Material...

countryBoy

Post by countryBoy »

I love Mark's playing but am more excited to see and hear Son Volt at this point. I have a bunch of SV video shows and Dave B. is a mighty fine player, I am more excited about this new SV project every day.

Hank Snow

Post by Hank Snow »

Seeing Jay Farrar with mark is amazing, and really sounds fantastic, and I would never miss an oppurtunity to see that. But seeing Jay Farrar with Canyon rocking out, full on Rhythm section, crazy Brandon jumping around and winkle making great sounds was a wonderful, wonderful event. They just plain rocked, just as Son Volt did.

It will be great to hear them all together live, rocking out.

sungod7

Post by sungod7 »

Same here Lawrence Fan (the band part anyway, not specifically with Jeff & Mike). I really enjoyed the Mark Spencer stuff the first couple times but it's getting a bit old. It seems he's just noodling around rather than adding any melody. Dave and Eric (hope he's playing too) add such wonderful sounds to the live shows. I can't wait.

Lawrence Fan

Post by Lawrence Fan »

I hate to say this, but I MUCH prefer Jay with a band, specifically Jeff Tweedy and Mike Heidorn. I like the Jay solo stuff a lot, hell I think Barstow is near the top of my most played songs on iTunes. But my all time favorite Jay songs involve SV or UT. What makes me kind of sad is that Jay seems to show no interest in doing anything like he(they) did on No Depression or Still Feel Gone. I don't think it would be a step backwards for Jay to do something like that, even though a lot of people on here seem to lean to that point of view. I realize artists grow and mature, but that doesn't necessarily equate to abandoning the early stuff.

I will say that above all else, Jay should write and record whatever the hell he damn pleases, because I'll still groove to it. Just throw in an old time version of Before I Break on his gig in STL and I'll die a completely man.

:)

-gk-

mcarlton

Post by mcarlton »

I am sure he will return to a solo act eventually.

darell

Re: The flipside of SV reunion

Post by darell »

mcarlton wrote:I will miss some of Mark Spencers Guitar work. Damn shame wont be the same without him... I'm sure Jay will work with him again tho.

yeah i think so too. i don't think jay's breaking up with himself, so more solo stuff should be expected, right? :-D

mcarlton

The flipside of SV reunion

Post by mcarlton »

I will miss some of Mark Spencers Guitar work. Damn shame wont be the same without him... I'm sure Jay will work with him again tho.