Neil Young fires up Neil Jam once again

sawyer

Post by sawyer »

then joined Bruce for a ripping all along the watchtower and keep on rockin'.. (last night in St. Paul)

keith21

Post by keith21 »

Neil also played lead on Country Feedback in REMs set.

ct

Post by ct »

Sawyer,

Please, let me know if/when the audio or DVD is out. I was planning to tape it but I found out that there was going to metal detectors. I don't know if mini disc recorder will set off the detector, so I didn't take it.

ct

sawyer

Re: What a weekend!

Post by sawyer »

ct wrote:Last night went to Detroit to see Bright Eyes, REM, John Forgerty, and Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band. .... Bruce well there is a reason that they call him The Boss, enough said.
you got that right. stolen from my Bruce site:

Final Setlist

1. Star Spangled Banner
2. BITUSA
3. Badlands
4. No Surrender
5. Ties That Bind
6. Darkness on the Edge of Town
7. Johnny 99
8. Youngstown

W/J. Fogerty
9. Centerfield
10. Deja Vu
11. Fortunate Son
12. The Promised Land

13. The Rising
14. Because The Night - W/ M.Stipe
15. Mary's Place
PSA
16. Born To Run W/REM
17. Travelin' Band
18. Peace, Love & Understanding
19. People Have the Power

i'll pm you when the audio comes out, and expect a DVD in a few weeks....

here's some pics:

http://www.spl-messages.net/ubbthreads/ ... t268883613

ct

What a weekend!

Post by ct »

Sat I drove up to Toledo to Pearl Jam. This was my 10th PJ show and it was the best.

Tonight's show at the Toledo Sports Arena in Toledo, OH

soundcheck: Act of Love, All Along the Watchtower, Cortez the Killer, Rockin' in the Free World (All with Neil Young), Of the Girl, Breakerfall

ed preset: I am a Patriot, You've Got to Hide Your Love Away

setlist: Long Road, Corduroy, Hail Hail, Save You, The American in Me (The Avengers), Cropduster, I am Mine, Wishlist, Better Man, I Believe in Miracles, Even Flow, Bleed for Me (The Dead Kennedys), Alive
encore 1 (acoustic): Thumbing My Way, Elderly Woman, Black
encore 2 (acoustic): Harvest Moon (Neil Young, Ed, & Pegi Young)
encore 3 (Neil Young w/ Pearl Jam & Peter Frampton): All Along the Watchtower, Act of Love, Cortez the Killer, Rockin' in the Free World

Notes: After the acoustic encore, the crew brought three chairs to the front of the stage. Ed came out, introduced Neil and Pegi, and Neil stole the rest of the show.

Last night went to Detroit to see Bright Eyes, REM, John Forgerty, and Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band. REM, I admit that I'm not a fan, but they ok. Bruce well there is a reason that they call him The Boss, enough said. I thought that I missed John F. but he came out and play with Bruce and band. John started off with Put In Coach, Deja Vu All Over Again(new song but it's a good one-- you can listen to it on his web site),& Fortunate Son. The encore started with Traveling Band and end with the all star jam, with all the bands, plus the Dixie Chicks.

UT note

On my way to the restroom my girlfriend spoted an Uncle Tupelo stirt. Anytime I see someone in a UT or SV stirt I have to say something.
We bullsh*ted for alittle bit and parted way, until, he showed to sit down right be side me. 18,000 in the people in the place and we had seats next to each other.

ct :D
Last edited by ct on Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

keith21

Neil Young fires up Neil Jam once again

Post by keith21 »

I know this is quite a bit off topic but I thought at least a few of you would dig this, check out the Pearl Jam Toledo setlist they just played at http://www.theskyiscrape.com