Worst Reason Ever: "unable to reach business terms&quo

keith21

Post by keith21 »

How can you assume that? Could it be that last time they were backed financially by Warner Bros. and this time their backed by Jay, and he can't pay them as much? That is just as plausible as your hairbrained theory.

clarkma5

Post by clarkma5 »

What a ridiculous thread...who knows the details? Maybe jay was an asshole who wasn't playing fair. Maybe Mike and the Boquists were making extravagant demands that could never be met. Perhaps people were tied down due to obligations to record labels. Who knows?

mstecker

Post by mstecker »

JJ wrote:Everyone is free to think what they like, but I just feel that what you are saying invloves a huge amount of speculation and imagined exchanges between people that you don't know. I understand where you are coming from but will wait for something more concrete before I put any blame on Jay or anybody else.
Let's put it this way. It may be wrong, but it's the obvious inference, and a fair working theory until otherwise disputed. Also, I think that if you read behind the lines of the press release, it's obvious who the upset parties are. As someone who puts together press releases for a living sometimes, it's obvious that if the split were in any way amicable, there'd be a quote from the other band members in there. The fact that there isn't means that they're likely pissed.

No, it's not scientific proof, but there's enough evidence that I'd bet anyone $100 that the other guys will eventually cone public with the fact that Jay really tried to lowball them.

sungod7

Re: ...

Post by sungod7 »

gblues wrote:THIS THREAD SHOULD BE DELETED!!!!!!!!!!!
Take your rant to thread where this is being discussed asshole,you are a waste of space!!!
Agree or disagree, but I hate to break it to you... JAY AIN'T GOD.

Jay isn't infallible. He may not make a good friend or band dictator... er, bandmate. Blasphemy I know. But honestly, that MAY have been the way it went down. Too much to speculate? If so then call him on it. Name calling isn't the way.

JJ

Post by JJ »

Everyone is free to think what they like, but I just feel that what you are saying invloves a huge amount of speculation and imagined exchanges between people that you don't know. I understand where you are coming from but will wait for something more concrete before I put any blame on Jay or anybody else.

mstecker

Post by mstecker »

JJ wrote:The obvious way it played out? Are you kidding me? How can you possibly jump to that conclusion? .
I'll be the first to admit that I don't know for sure, but you must admit it's by far the most likely scenario. I'm sure that the other original band members would have jumped at the chance - probably assuming a continuation of whatever deal they had last time around. The only way there would even need to be a discussion would be if Jay tried to materially change the deal on them, which is in poor taste.

I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to be proven wrong.

mstecker

I wouldn't say it's a rant

Post by mstecker »

... if you're the one using the bad language. It deserves its own thread because it emphasizes the financial portion of the press release.

And you think, what - that Jay offered them a really fair deal in the spirit of their longstanding friendship, but they just couldn't work it out?

It's a no-class move.

He has a black eye now, that he's proud of, like some of his friends.

JJ

Post by JJ »

The obvious way it played out? Are you kidding me? How can you possibly jump to that conclusion?

Let's just remember that we are fans on a message board and most of us know very little about what actually goes on.

gblues

Post by gblues »

THIS THREAD SHOULD BE DELETED!!!!!!!!!!!
Take your rant to thread where this is being discussed asshole,you are a waste of space!!!

mstecker

Worst Reason Ever: "unable to reach business terms&quo

Post by mstecker »

You've got to be kidding me. "Unable to reach acceptable business terms"? This could only mean one thing, which is that Jay tried to put the screws to these guys - "You'll be the hired help, and I'll take most of the touring revenue, and you'll get no songwriting credits no matter what you do. Like it or leave."

What a totally awful thing to do to Mike and the Brothers. I'm glad they had the guts to tell Jay to go and diddle himself.

Unless someone has any other info to dispute this - which is the obvious way it must have played out - then my opinion of Jay just dropped about a hundred notches.