Jay's lead guitar

cowboydown

Re: jay's lead

Post by cowboydown »

cathodebias wrote:Nobody strangles the instrument like jay does in his solos. It's a style all it's own. From reading some of his old Son Volt articles in GUITAR PLAYER magazine he downplayed his ability compared to Boquist's. Jay's style on electric may not be as technically complicated as others but for me it has more intensity and emotion. At the end of the day isn't that what its really all about.
Fuckin' a right!

cathodebias

jay's lead

Post by cathodebias »

Nobody strangles the instrument like jay does in his solos. It's a style all it's own. From reading some of his old Son Volt articles in GUITAR PLAYER magazine he downplayed his ability compared to Boquist's. Jay's style on electric may not be as technically complicated as others but for me it has more intensity and emotion. At the end of the day isn't that what its really all about.

keith21

Post by keith21 »

You're probably right, I can never remember and didn't want to look it up.

sungod7

Post by sungod7 »

I thought Jim was the lead but I agree with you anyway. I really miss Jay letting loose on the guitar.

keith21

Jay's lead guitar

Post by keith21 »

Let's hope this new Son Volt will highlight a little more lead playing by Jay (now that Dave in gone)! It was great hearing him jam out on Hurricane last time around but I WANT MORE!