I am scared
8%
I am frightened
8%
I am lazy
85%

Total votes: 13

Post by Sticky »

My brother's a chef, so I'd like to think I'm above it, but I can't bring myself to eat those blue corn chips. Guess I'm a food racist too. I don't descrimate based on nationality or religion though.

Got a Twin, huh? There will be "giant washes of shimmering acoustic and electric chords all over the place". JBLs?

Neverwonagrammy

Post by Neverwonagrammy »

Mark,
IF you and Jay, do what you described here, I'll follow y'all around like a Deadhead.
Mayonnaise, a delicious condiment, and...Atkins friendly.
I've seen your bigotry in action, on a sour cream laden baked potato.
I just realized, I HATE black licorice.
That may keep me out of the "food racist" category. I hate foods of ALL colors.
Welcome to the great amusement park, we call "Twinland".
I know I'M havin' a ball here...
Brian

Mark Spencer

Post by Mark Spencer »

>>White flour made me fat, and, unhealthy. It has nothing to do with its color, in fact, most things I ate, that were made with it, weren't white.
Spencer's reasons are more vague, and, discriminating.
He's more of a food racist, I think.
He never plays enough chords either...
Brian<<
Of course, you know we're talking about mayonaisse, here.
That oily, rotten-egg cum in a jar, that is some WHITE-ass food.
Lordy!
Maybe Jay and I will play ALL chords on the next tour. Also, we'll wear white, ribbed turtleneck and awesome "sun-God" pendants, black Farah slacks and both play 12 string Ovation Adamas guitars (the one with the wooden "hot tub" detailing around the wackily placed sound holes, like Ridge Forrester is playing at the old beginning to Bold & The Beautiful)...we will be the hit of the apres-ski/poetry slam set. Don't worry, when I put out my classic soft-rock instrumental album, there'll be giant washes of shimmering acoustic and electric chords all over the place.

m - Baby, Come Back!!!!

b - I did, I did, I got a fender Twin!!!

Neverwonagrammy

I know you were kidding, so was I. Besides, I AM a hypocrite. White flour can't hurt me any more than smoking, which I still do.
Guess I'm a food racist too.
I KNEW there had to be a reason I like Spencer so much.
I play more chords than him though...
Brian

Post by Sticky »

I was just kidding Brian. I should have put up a smiley or something. I don't even know what black eyed peas look like. I am however a Chili-Nazi.

Neverwonagrammy

White flour made me fat, and, unhealthy. It has nothing to do with its color, in fact, most things I ate, that were made with it, weren't white.
Spencer's reasons are more vague, and, discriminating.
He's more of a food racist, I think.
He never plays enough chords either...
Brian

damonors

Post by damonors »

spaceline wrote:Lennon with 3 other cats don't equal the beatles.
Lennon with 3 others would be much different from the beetles because McCartny and Harrison were actually part of the creative process of the Beatles. Go back and look at the writers of the different songs you'll find that all 3 wrote songs as well as played them.

In Son Volt, Jay was the only song writer. If you took different musicians who played the same instruments and switch them with Heidorn and the Boquists, I doubt anyone would notice since they only play basically what Jay tells them to.

McCartney played drums some on, well I forget which album. Did anyone notice?

The real complaint shouldn't be about the change in the Son Volt album. You should really complain about the how Jay singing as progressed to being similar on many songs. Hell, when he was in Lexington, he sang "still be around" and I could have sworn it sounded like it was taken off of Sebastopol.

But, you know, people and bands change. I don't mind his singing changing or band members changing. These are different albums....by definition they are different.

Would that be considered a rant?

Post by Sticky »

Neverwonagrammy, you are a hypocrite. You're calling Mark a "food racist"? I've read your posts about white flour, you've not been kind. I must admit though, while I can enjoy The Black Eyed Peas from time to time, I don't like black eyed peas. So I guess I'm in the same boat.

Neverwonagrammy

McSpencer,
You are THE MAN!
Give 'em hell Mark.
Be diplomatic though.
Remember, you are revered/resented by association.
The price you pay, for playin' with Jay.
I, personally, have revered/resented you for YEARS.
Jay has nothin' to do with it.
I mostly revere you, but, I resent your oppressive Fender amp collection, and, your hatred of white foods.
Spencer is a food racist.
Brian

thediechiltons

Post by thediechiltons »

ever hear B.B. King play a chord?

no, you haven't.

:twisted:

stretch

Post by stretch »

Mark..just wondering would this be like a 'rope -a-dope' or say a 'dope-a-rope'?

Have Fun...

Tallman

Mark Spencer

Post by Mark Spencer »

>>Hey Mark, would it kill you to play a few chords every now and then? I heard you were recoding an album with Jerry Douglas called "Every Fucking Note We Can Play". Is this true? If so, would you be interested in borrowing laptop guy from Wilco?<<

Sounds good to me, as long as we don't have to do any lame ass Gram Parsons trust-fund hippy shit.

As for the chords, yes, it would kill me, last time I played more than a few chords I passed a kidney stone.

Maybe you need to go listen to the first JD Crowe/New South record to re-adjust your attitude about Jerry Douglas. I wonder if I'll have to wear one of those leather dusters on the album cover.

Let me know what show you'll be at in Nov. (riiight...) and I'll have that cord ready for you. It's really more of a rope. You'll know what to do with it when I start playing all those notes.

wild-flower

Post by wild-flower »

reading the hilarious posts on this board about people gettin' all agro about the life of some musicians is a great stress reliever when you are caught up in the library and you don't want to address your responsibilities. thanks i feel better now! ahh!

jay is an excellent songwriter and musician. let him make music! mark spencer, you rock too!!

stretch

Post by stretch »

I've been off the board for to long..missed the tribute..my partner in musical crime moved to Madison...and who said "each note is equal to the next note, not more not less" I think Miles Davis is quoted as said that but not sure.

Jay can do what ever he wants, when ever he wants and with whomever he wants. A pear of deveante tunings is initself equal to an apple once a day. I say good luck and quit if it stops being fun.

PS Spencer..see you in Madison and in the twin cities. You can play whatever you want...just don't listen to alot of John McLoughlin..like I did last week and decided to play a million notes a second ..for most of the show..Good thing the guy I was backing knows me. And said he's never heard nothing like it.

Tallman

trousersnakeandlarry

Post by trousersnakeandlarry »

Hey Mark, would it kill you to play a few chords every now and then? I heard you were recoding an album with Jerry Douglas called "Every Fucking Note We Can Play". Is this true? If so, would you be interested in borrowing laptop guy from Wilco?