Webcam World

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

is August almost here? :?

grainpulp

Post by grainpulp »

Don't worry guys, once Jay and Mark launch their official "Ribbed Turtleneck Tour"... ala sawyer's genius creation:

.... ALL will be solved.

JSpill

Post by JSpill »

If I asked anyone around here "Who is Jay Farrar?", I would get a variety of answers ranging from "Isn't he that dude we used to know but he moved away in the 3rd grade?" to "Uhh...I should know this shouldn't I?" I would be amazed if I got one correct response out of 10. I have noticed a couple of other people on this board from Alabama, but I think we are the only 3 around here who have any clue who Jay is.

The really sad part is that the people who I have introduced to his music seem to have no interest at all. Most of them seem to be turned off by his voice. Since that's not likely to change, I guess he will have to devise another way of appealing to the masses. Either that or say piss on 'em all and continue to just do his own thing.

Post by Sticky »

If I asked 10 people I work with if they'd heard of Jay Farrar; two would say yes, but one would be thinking Wilco. If I explained a little and mentioned UT, that number might go to three.

CanadianVolt

Post by CanadianVolt »

Do you know if Jay is going to flip the cameras back on for the pedal steel sessions going on ? Does he turn these things on for the odd jam. I heard they got more than 15 MILLION hits. Unreal, now if the record sells half that...

Lately I am ever so sick and tired of hearing manufactured pop, and all the bs surrounding Paris Hilton ect. The real songwriters , such as Jay, always get overlooked in favor of "Singers for Hire" who cant even write thier own material ect. They are not musicians , but corporate puppets.

Thats why I spread the gospel of Jays music up here (its not a really a hard sell!) and I get sick of hearing "Why havent I heard this before.??"
Down in the south and in ST Louis, I am sure almost everyone knows of UT , SV and Jays music. Up here, if I were to ask 10 people in HMV if they have heard of Jay Farrars music, 9 people would say "NO" and the other one would lie and say "Yes, I love Wilco"

Jay deserves the proper success of his writing. He busts his ass. Then on the flipside, you get a ditzy Jessica Simpson, who cant even plug in a microphone, singing some pathetic 80's S*** song like "Take my breath away" and everyone flocks to the record store..... wtff is wrong with people???.... Hehehe

CanadianVolt

Post by CanadianVolt »

I guess everyone is watchin the game. Session is over :cry:

Any idea what kind of board Mr.Agnellos leaning over?

BoogieMan

Post by BoogieMan »

I think time has frozen in that studio. Agnello has been looking behind that mixer board for hours now

CanadianVolt

Post by CanadianVolt »

Just came back to the fridge to get a cold one and decided to check in, go Bengal's...

flouros are noisy for sure. I have a medium size home studio up here in Ottawa and have to deal with that, as well as a washer dryer in the next room. Good news though, I am in the process of building a new house, with a proper studio in the basement. I have made most of the bass traps and acoustic treatments.A good company in this area is http://www.realtraps.com/

Anyhow, its great to see Jays home studio down there. He's a fantastic song writier. Too bad the session is winding down.

Post by Sticky »

the webcam's real grainy everywhere (I'm in town). But they turn off the flourescent lights when they record. They've got to be noisy, especially if that's a tube mic, but it makes for a dark pic.

peace

CanadianVolt

Post by CanadianVolt »

thx,

The reception is pretty grainy up here so I couldnt tell who it was.
Can't wait until this album comes out.

Post by Sticky »

Go to the news page and check the photo. It was Andrew (bass player).

more beer!

CanadianVolt

Post by CanadianVolt »

WHo is that in there doing vocals this eve? I cant really make him out...

Post by Sticky »

According to the press releases: Yes, it's Jay's studio and tomorrow is the last day for recording. Looks like it's just been overdubs for a couple days.

Sound clip? I doubt it for a while. Jay's back on tour in a few weeks. No way he could get all the final mixes done. Some raw outtakes would be cool, but I'm not holding my breath. I don't think he's ever done that.

cheers

CanadianVolt

Post by CanadianVolt »

Ahh I see J is back in the studio today. I love this web cam idea, I just wish they would throw us a bone every once and a while and put up a sound clip. However, I understand why they dont.

Is the rest of the band all done recording now? I guess the bed has been layed and J is just working on the icing for the cake.

Is this Jays own studio? What studio is this? Looks pretty mellow. Which is perfect for a recording environment.

Post by Sticky »

I don't have it handy, but John was on TB, so it's likely. Last time I saw him was with the Rambler's last summer.