First Jay song you ever heard.

movingwater

Post by movingwater »

I was cruising new CD's and found Anodyne. Loved the image pn the cover (all the guitars), so I nought the CD and have been a Jay fan ever since. So that would mean Slate I guess.

maura tierney

Post by maura tierney »

Windfall.

calexico

Post by calexico »

I think it might have been Tear Stained Eye when a friend loaned me a copy of Trace.

Gunstar_Red

Post by Gunstar_Red »

First UT stuff I heard was when I bought the Sauget Wind single after reading about them in NME or melody maker cant remember which, this lead my mate Steve to buy Still Feel Gone which in turn lead to a lot of my mates having a new favourite band. I'm kinda proud of myself for discovering em in our little group of friends.

Hoops

Post by Hoops »

Grindstone....
popped in a cassette of 'March' in my car on my way home from high school one day. It was lent to me by a friend and after listening for a minute, all I thought was "this is NEW music?" I was floored and I was hooked.

mbratti

Post by mbratti »

definitely drown
thank god radio played drown

County Line

Post by County Line »

Slate, my first taste of Anodyne, as played by a buddy from St. Louis when we both ended up on sunny Guam.

DeltaMud

Post by DeltaMud »

Looking for a way out. Instantly hooked.

barstool

Post by barstool »

"Looking for a Way Out," back in '93, which is why I hold 'Steel Feel Gone' in such high regard... I remember putting that CD on and was into "Gun", but once "Looking for a Way Out" came on... that voice, those lyrics..., I was paralyzed... Listened to the whole cd straight thru staring into space.... twice!

fraggle

first jay song

Post by fraggle »

Grindstone, and I was instantly hooked.

trailrider

Post by trailrider »

Probably Slate. I used to work with this guy named Joe Moulis - I often wonder if he is on this board. Anyway, he introduced me to Wilco one day - AM, actually - and gave me the whole Son Volt, UT, Wilco story right then and there. I'm pretty sure he played Anodyne for me after AM, so Slate would have been the first song.

Frisky77

Post by Frisky77 »

I was in high school and I don't remember why I bought Trace. I may have read a review or had heard Drown. I think I just read a review and bought it. I was too young and lame to have heard any Tupelo by then.

So the first song I heard was Windfall.

That album changed my musical taste in a very dramatic way.

barclocksays3am

Post by barclocksays3am »

May 1993:there was a country music show on the local college station.Two guys used to talk in fake southern accents and play Hank,Cash,Patsy,Buck Owens,etc. I guess they decided to play something current so they played Grindstone.I went to the record store a few days later to find a record by these Tupelo guys and found nothing :(
In Oct `93 I was looking through the rock cd`s and there was Anodyne! :D I bought it and listened to it for 6 months straight.

Mort

Post by Mort »

My first Jay song: Slate. Received Anodyne as "CD of the month" in SMC (Scandinavian Music Club) and was instantly hooked.

M.

Mort

Re: ....

Post by Mort »

gblues wrote:.... I am a lucky girl,I just recently bought him an Ibanez amp for his accoustic/electric ibanez & he plays & I sing,it's lots of fun.
That wouldn't be the "Ibanez TA-35-U" ? I'm considering to buy an ac.amp and can get a good deal on that one. Haven't tried it, so I'm not sure. Have tried out some Peaveys and a Roland AC-60 (probably the best one I've tried) but they are all far more expensive than the Ibanez.

Bottom line: are you/he satisfied with it?

Thanks,
Morten