Diesel Island at Fred's - Fri. 10/22

Sandusky

Post by Sandusky »

Well, I missed the show, but I'm not going to miss the one in November. (Diesel Island) I heard it was awesome!

http://home.mindspring.com/~stlska/fredericksindex.htm

Post by Sticky »

mmmmmmm, Ramblers. That was fun.

Post by Sticky »

I liked it a lot. Never got ice-picky. If it was the only guitar, it could have been a little warmer and used a bit more bottom. But with the acoustic filling that spot, I just figured you were dialing it out. That acoustic has a great sound.
I'd like to see more of Steve, but I understand completely. Got to make a living.
You going to the Ramblers?

Neverwonagrammy

Post by Neverwonagrammy »

Yep, that was the 60 dollar T-60. What did the amp sound like out front? I wasn't lovin' it too much onstage. It's a "experimental" amp for me. A steel guitar amp. Last night was the first time I ever used it. I think I need to spend more time dickin' around with it. I loved some things about it, and hated others.
"Steve" is Steve Chosich. He doesn't really have a band. He should, he's awesome. He's got a full-time job, and a whole bunch of kids though.
Spare time is kinda hard for Steve to find, I think.
Brian

Post by Sticky »

There was one guy that hit the floor at least twice and it was half an hour before the show started. Total face plant on one. Craig, from the Trip Daddy's, sat in for a couple Chuck songs and ripped as usual. A guy named Steve sat in, don't know who he plays with, but man, does he have some pipes. For a while Brian started a "New Tradition" every song. He played the $60 Peavey T-60, I think. Sounds like hot-rodded Tele. Frederick's is great place too see bands, always has good sound. When Fred locked up, there was still one guy passed out on the patio (not sure if it was face-plant guy). I guess he either slept there or climbed the fence when he woke up. Oh well, it was a nice night weather-wise too, except for a little storm.

cheers!

Post by Sticky »

Damn, that was fun. For $7 I saw Brian and Johnny. John played bass (a SCPB 51RI). When you see a band that can put John on bass, holy COW. Brian looks GREAT, his voice is classic Brian, but stronger, more powerful. I have to say that closing with T-Rex (Time to Go) was an all out perfect ending. Whiskey River was my high-iight. I really love when Brian plays Waylon and Willie. Johnny on guitar tomorrow with the Rambler's and Dade singing? A very good weekend, but not as good as John's. Thursday he played with Jay, tonight with Brian, tomorrow he let's loose with the Ramblers. If you haven't heard Dade sing, well, I'm sorry...

Post by Sticky »

Hey Mark, it starts in a couple hours. I think I'll take a cab. Was hoping you might be in town and maybe get down there. I'll check back tonight if I'm able (doubt it). The Ramblers tomorrow night should be good too. Talked to Dade last night, they've got a new CD. Wish they'd play more. The guys in the studio are looking a little fried, maybe they'll need a night out!

See you the 13th,

Mark Spencer

Post by Mark Spencer »

So HOW WAS IT?

Anyone throw back (or up) and Pabst Smears?

Post by Sticky »

My bad, Dade hasn't played with them in a while. The good news? The Rockhouse Ramblers are playing Saturday at The Oyster Bar. Hmmm, recording looks like it's winding down a bit. Wonder if any of the guys will get out Fri. or Sat. Even if they don't, it's a good music weekend in STL.

Coffee Creek

Post by Coffee Creek »

I think I'll have to try to make that show.

Gonna be up there Friday -- good timing.

-- CC

Diesel Island at Fred's - Fri. 10/22

Post by Sticky »

Neverwonagrammy's other band plays Friday night. I'm not sure who's in the band, but I think Dade and Horton have done it before. Should be a good show.

Friday October 22nd
The Return of
Diesel Island
(All Diesel, All Night)
featuring Brian Henneman
& members of The Bottle Rockets & Rockhouse Ramblers

Frederick's Music Lounge
4454 Chippewa   -   St. Louis, Missouri U.S.A.  -  63116