Tribute Extension

tedious

Post by tedious »

I would just like to take this opportunity to say that Sticky is a stand up guy!
And that anyone is still welcome to contribute so long as they choose a new song. The more the merrier.
Thanks
tedious

Post by Sticky »

Nobody's taken it bmedwar. Have at it. I may be able to set up an FTP site that we could upload to and tedious could download from. I'll let everybody know when it gets closer.

bmedwar

windfall

Post by bmedwar »

hi, I'd love to have the opportunity to perform windfall on the CD, let me know if that is ok.

keith21

Post by keith21 »

Wow, I'm so excited about this! Tedious, I've been finished for a while but looks like I'm gonna hafta snail mail you a CD of the .wav file. So I'll get that to ya soon. Can't wait to hear all the songs!

Mort

Post by Mort »

tedious wrote: BUT I have made the mistake I set out to avoid!!!!! I said the other thread was the official place to post the song you want to do and I replied on this list without checking....... :oops: ........Mort is already down for Station to Station, although it is his second song.

CanadianVolt, can you PM Mort and see if he is willing to relinquish it?
I said in the other thread that Station to Station was up for grabs, as I have no time to finish 2 tracks. So we're all right. Can't wait to hear CanadianVolts piano version of this fine tune!

M.

Oh, and thanks for the extension!!

Poster Nutbag

Post by Poster Nutbag »

Dude, tedious - ya forgot me on your list - Poster Nutbag with Wipe the Clock. I even stayed up last night to meet the deadline cause I didn't read about the extension!!! haha. Seriously tho, I just sent you the file via your email just now. Let me know if you dig. If any others want to check it out you can give me your email and I will send it.

loosestring

Post by loosestring »

Sticky wrote:Just a thought...

If this is all done by 12/1, we could burn a couple hundred copies and give them away (for a $2 donation) at the Mound City Music Fest. At the end of the night we give Jay his tribute album and a couple hundred bucks for Alejandro, Karl and HfH. I'm not sure of the legalities or if anyone would like it, but it's only $2. In the scheme of things, it isn't much, but I bet every little bit helps.
wonderful idea

tedious

Post by tedious »

Good tohave you on board Grain Pulp. The more the merrier. I will PM you and CanadianVolt with my contact details.

BUT I have made the mistake I set out to avoid!!!!! I said the other thread was the official place to post the song you want to do and I replied on this list without checking....... :oops: ........Mort is already down for Station to Station, although it is his second song.

CanadianVolt, can you PM Mort and see if he is willing to relinquish it?

GrainPulp, can you let me know which song you are going to do and don't make it one on the list below.

Here is the list as it stands:

Mort - Out of the Picture + Station to Station
countryBoy - Last Minute Shakedown
bigdaddy - Hanging Blue Side + Barstow
BoogieMan - Damn Shame
Hank Snow - Heart on the Ground or Flow
notropis - Back into your World
Sticky - Whiskey Bottle (The Stomach Punks) + Tear Stained Eye
Tele - Blind Hope
Lefty - Moonshiner or Too Early
Duckman - Driving the View
Tedious - Drain
dougm - High Water
keith21 - Six String Belief
Bound to get Burned - No Rolling Back + Staightface
BourbonRenewal - Clear Day Thunder
Driver8 - Still Be Around
TinyElvis - Before I Break
summersleep - All of your Might
loosestring - Ten Second News or Cahokian
ThatBeat - Grindstone
CanadianVolt - Station to station
GrainPulp - ???????

grainpulp

Post by grainpulp »

Hey Tedious,
Well, I hope this isn't troublesome to you but.. I was wondering if I could make a VERY late addition to the game. I would have joined earlier but I've been waiting to see if certain things would pan out and.. alas, they did! So, I haven't decided the song yet, I'm gonna talk about it with some of the guys.
Essentially though, if another track makes this CD too heavy then don't worry about it, maybe I'll do it another time. But if it works for you, then we promise to deliver something worth your while (there's my sales pitch).
Anyway, if it works well get right to it.
thanks for listening,
grainpulp

Post by Sticky »

I can't man a selling station that night. Maybe we could just put out a jar for donations and give them away. I'll donate 25, can anyone else do some burning?

summersleep

Post by summersleep »

Thanks for the extension.

thatbeat

Post by thatbeat »

thanks for the extension, hope its all worth it for my sake...

CanadianVolt

Post by CanadianVolt »

Canadian Volt is on for Station to station.
:lol:

Thanks ! I am working on it now.

bigdaddy

Post by bigdaddy »

Great idea, sticky. Not only does that buy me more time but the charity thing and the idea of Jay getting a copy, it's all good.

Post by Sticky »

Just a thought...

If this is all done by 12/1, we could burn a couple hundred copies and give them away (for a $2 donation) at the Mound City Music Fest. At the end of the night we give Jay his tribute album and a couple hundred bucks for Alejandro, Karl and HfH. I'm not sure of the legalities or if anyone would like it, but it's only $2. In the scheme of things, it isn't much, but I bet every little bit helps.