Market is up... oil prices falling..

Malarkey Dartboard

Post by Malarkey Dartboard »

Don't worry TinyE. I think Cowboy hit enough keywords in that one to justify an interview with the FBI.

But seriously, I think it's good that people can have a debate. I just don't like all of the hatred I'm reading. Maybe it's time for us to move on and get back to the music. Some of the comments on some of these threads are getting rediculous.

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

cowboydown wrote:Nice research sawyer.

Maybe we'll get lucky and a terror cell will car bomb Bush & Cheney in one fell swoop...

you know this post/discussion WOULD HAVE BEEN much better had cowboydown replaced the names 'Bush & Cheney' with 'Darell & Sean'. oh well...

My Morning Jacket

Post by My Morning Jacket »

Sawyer that list of facts is pretty impressive but one characteristic about them bothers me: none of those "facts" is cited. How do we know that someone over at moveon.org, CBS, CNN or ABC didn't just run out of things to hate Bush for and start making things up?

Malarkey Dartboard

Post by Malarkey Dartboard »

clarkma5 wrote:because history idolizes presidents who died in office.
I idolize William Henry Harrison for his strong constitution! Before he had been in office a month, he caught a cold that developed into pneumonia and died.

Does anyone here idolize McKinley?

Hank Snow

Post by Hank Snow »

I agree with you Jeffra, the statement was extreme even in jest, though certainly I feel anyone has the right to say anything they want, period. I am very dissapointed that Bush won, but I certainly wouldn't wish him dead.

Both sides are taking this election WAY TOO seriously and way to personally. The republicans act like they have some sort of mandate of the people even though Bush only won by 20 or so electoral votes, and the lowest percentage of the electoral vote (54%) for an incumbant president since Woodrow Wilson, and by 3.5 million popular votes, the lowest margin for an incumbant since Truman. It was a very close race, not a blowout by any means, and certainly no mandate.

At the same time, the democrats act like it is the end of the world and that these religous zealots are going to turn the USA into a theocracy, lockup all the gays and make us all go to church. I just don't think that is the case. I don't like Bush and most of his views, I don't like the idea that the republicans control the legislative and executive branch or that Bush will get to appoint some Supreme Court judges, but I also know that the country is bigger than any of these guys, and that it is not the end of the world.

There is no Bush Revolution like some headlines have said and there is not going to be a revoution against Bush like many have said. Democracy works, Bush won, life goes on, in '06 there is a pretty good chance there is going to be some pay back in the house and senate elections. In '08, there is going to be another battle.

Life goes on, it's not the end, we live in the best country on earth and a peaceful election process is just one of the many great functions of our government. Enjoy it and your freedoms, cherish them.
Last edited by Hank Snow on Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

clarkma5

Post by clarkma5 »

To add more fuel to this fire (because I'm stupid and don't know when to stop):

The main reason I would never wish death on Bush is because history idolizes presidents who died in office; I want history to judge Bush as harshly as he deserves for bringing a sort of dark age on our country.

jeffra

Post by jeffra »

I will never wish death on the president or his staff in any circumstances. I would never say that about any of our presidents. I didn't like Clinton, but I gave him the respect for being our leader. When other countries look at the USA, they look at the people that make cowboys comments and laugh.

I was seriously pissed when the english papers were calling for terrorists to knock off the president. We have too many people that have died defending our freedoms and liberties to just have someone piss all over our presidents (Bush, Clinton, Reagan, Carter...etc) name. I have no problem people critizing the president, but those comments make me sick to my stomach. It reminds me that people are rabid with venom over presidential politics. Nothing will settle this argument, so it is IMPERATIVE that we accept what we got and protest with class and dignity. No one will ever lend credibility to a protest that is filled with ridiculous and damaging antics.

I will extend the olive branch to those who hate the president if they will re-consider the tone and choice words expressed in this thread.

countryBoy

Post by countryBoy »

Its a bad thing to say even in jest but it is his right.

gblues

Post by gblues »

These so called ethics got us four more years of this shit. Jeffra you are jumping the gun here,you have obviously not backed down when speaking your point,I wouldn't expect anybody else to do it either. Just roll with the punches & argue back. Jesus Christ! it's no reason to run away,you're not that weak are you?

Hank Snow

Post by Hank Snow »

dcarter wrote:If the new Rebublican senator from Oklahoma can publically state that abortion providers should be executed ,admit to sterilizing women and still be elected by the american citizens of Oklahoma then cowboy down can state whatever he pleases...
Don't blame me on this one, I voted for the democrat, Brad Carson, a good man and not a right wing idealogue like Coburn. Carson, unlike Coburn, cared about Oklahoma first, political parties second. Coburn is a right wing extremist, a disciple if you will.

I am also ashamed to admit, if the data I was looking at is correct, that Oklahoma was the only state in the Union in which EVERY SINGLE COUNTY went for Bush. What they hell am I doing living in this hell hole?? Actually OK is a beautiful state, it's just the right wingers that suck. :D That was humor.

cowboydown

Die by the sword

Post by cowboydown »

jeffra wrote:With Cowboy's last remark....I will be leaving this message board for good if Cowboydown dosen't take back his last comments.

Its ridiculous to make statements about killing a sitting president and vice-president REGARDLESS OF POLITICS

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING? ARE YOU AN AMERICAN CITIZEN?

ITS NOT FUNNY AND IT IS DANGEROUS TO MAKE THOSE STATEMENTS.

PLEASE, SOMEONE BACK ME UP ON THIS ONE.

FREE SPEECH IS GOOD BUT HAS SOME ETHICS
I certainly don't want you or anyone to leave because of anything I or anyone says here... but I DO NOT retract the above - or any of my comments related to this topic. Matter of fact, I'd like to add Donald H. Rumsfeld to the mix as well. Piece of shit that he is.

I'm thinking of a better counrty led by a better man/exec staff.

I AM an American and patriot who served six years in the USARMY.

I'm NOT trying to be funny and I'M NOT threatening anyones life.

I'm hoping for a better world to live (and play in) and if good men like JFK and his brother Bobby get killed for no good reason (other than standing up for what they believed in and the country they served); than this prez who DOES NOT care - in the slightest - about the people or the land in this country - deserves what he is dishing out around the globe. Live by the sword die by it.... Ka-Boom....

Bigb

Post by Bigb »

Best thread ever.

TinyElvis

Post by TinyElvis »

jeffra wrote:PLEASE, SOMEONE BACK ME UP ON THIS ONE.
FREE SPEECH IS GOOD BUT HAS SOME ETHICS
Cowboy has proven over and over again that he is a fool and an unintelligent, immature waste of space.

I would like to believe that most of the left disagrees with his extremism. Judging by some of the comments on this board however, I am beginning to wonder.

TinyE

mcarlton

Post by mcarlton »

Wishing someone dead isn't funny. Wishing them out of office I am ok with. Consider yourself backed.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

If the new Rebublican senator from Oklahoma can publically state that abortion providers should be executed ,admit to sterilizing women and still be elected by the american citizens of Oklahoma then cowboy down can state whatever he pleases...