Buddy Miller's (relatively) new album is great.

Sandusky

Post by Sandusky »

I've been a big fan of Buddy & Julie Miller for a long time. Saw him play Jubileefest in Montgomery, Alabama a few years back. Got to meet him after the show, very nice guy. I cried when I learned Julie wasn't there though... :cry:

DS

Post by DS »

If you can find it, Buddy has CD called Buddy Miller and the Sacred Cows, Man in the Moon.

It is a great disc.

Pequod

Post by Pequod »

Given Buddy Miller's track record of quality music, it is no surprise that UUHoP is such a winner. High caliber singing, playing and writing are to be expected when Miller makes music, and UUHoP delivers. Also worth noting are a couple of great covers: Dylan's, "With God On Our Side," and the Louvin Brothers' "There's a Higher Power." Fans of Jay Farrar will recall that Atomic Power (I. Louvin, C. Louvin, B. Bain) was covered with gusto on Uncle Tupelo's March 16-20, 1992.

Just Some Dude

Post by Just Some Dude »

No, really. I hope Buddy Miller isn't visiting this site. I mean, 14 people have check this thread out. I'm not sure about the odds, but I think Buddy could have been one of those 14.

Just Some Dude

Post by Just Some Dude »

Ouch. I hope Buddy doesn't visit this board often...

Just Some Dude

Buddy Miller's (relatively) new album is great.

Post by Just Some Dude »

This Universal United House of Prayer album is damn good. Miller has been reallly impressive and know one seems to notice.

Where was he on Rolling Stone's all time great guitarist list, by the way? Rolling Stone is a joke.