39%
31-40
41%
40+
15%

Total votes: 71

homegrown

Post by homegrown »

I turned 30 in May. The way I fell upon Farrar/Tweedy was via R.E.M. Sounds weird I know. In about 1991 or so I subscribed to the Rolling Stone magazine...inside there was an article about R.E.M. Within the article Stipe mentioned that he liked a country rock band called Uncle Tupelo. Did anyone else ever see the article??

farrarfan1

Post by farrarfan1 »

Snail51 I think Saratoga Jay beat youn by 22 years. Think that puts you in second and me in a distant third.

little red rooster

Post by little red rooster »

Ageless --- Timeless.

... clueless.

aaron

Post by aaron »

Recently turned 27

snail51

Post by snail51 »

53!!!!! The oldest fart, so far, I think. I was lucky enough to see Jay and the Bodeans within two days of each other this year at Skippers, if anyone is familiar with the place in Tampa. Had to check my cane at the door....

farrarfan1

Post by farrarfan1 »

I see us elder statesman is still at a grand total of 8. Come on there's gotta be a few more of us children of the 60's and 70's out there. I quit playing my Pong game to check in thinking the number might have gone up but it hasn't.

Rick V

Post by Rick V »

Sandusky

Post by Sandusky »

I'm 34 and female. Went to Jay's show Saturday night & was surprised to see the male/female ratio was WAY unbalanced...I guess just us cool chicks like Jay :wink:

Mahalia

Post by Mahalia »

I'm 38. Hmm, lot of of people on here are 38. Jay will turn 38 this year. Coincidence?

keith21

Post by keith21 »

I probably posted this before but,
I'm 22. I was sending a Re.ac.tor (Neil Young) LP to a guy on the rustlist in '98 or '99 cause there were no record shops in his corner of middle America. With the 4 bucks he includes a cassette copy of Anodyne he found for a buck at... a record store. Okay, no record stores with copies of Re.ac.tor. So he sent it to me to see if I like it and I loved it. I wish I had is email still to thank him once again, like a real heart-felt thank you cause now I can REALLY appreciate what he did for me, a 16 year old kid who thought anything that wasn't Neil Young was shit. I now know that anything that isn't Neil Young OR UT/SV/Wilco is shit. :)

Likeaphotographer

Post by Likeaphotographer »

Just joined the board.....and I'm 21

-Matt

loosestring

Post by loosestring »

like grainpulp i got into Son Volt's Trace first, shortly after it was released. a friend of mine at work had mentioned U.T., but i never inquired much about that. it wasn't until this last few years that my interest in u.t. and wilco increased. i wish when my friend first told me about this "trinity" of music i would have done more searching, but oh well. i love it all now.
the amazing thing about this thread is everyone is giving their age, yet i have not yet disclosed my own. MWUAAAAAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! :twisted:

hot burrito

Post by hot burrito »

Lawrence Fan

Post by Lawrence Fan »

I hereby nominate this thread for the TOTY Award. This is incredible stuff, please, please don't let it end!

*sniff*

-gk-

professor_squishy

Re: in good fun!

Post by professor_squishy »

gblues wrote: So take your heart meds. & get to bed,it's almost seven!

heh
Now where the HELL are those pills???....

(calling into the other room...)
HEY BEULAH!!! WHERE D'YA PUT MY DAMN PILLS!?!?!?