Old UT stuff

Post by Sticky »

That may be my all time favorite first post.

kenny25

Post by kenny25 »

Thanks a ton....this stuff kicks ass.

Post by Sticky »

Thank sam, it would've taken weeks to get it out without him. I found the tape, but no artwork. It's a dupe I must have made as a backup (tapes used to wear out). It's hardly ever been played though, maybe just to make it digital. The originals are probably in an 81-82 red Buick Skylark that got totalled around 87-88. I did find one other tape though. It just says "Uncle Tupelo III". No other writing. Not sure what's on it, but I suspect it's "Not Forever" (third demo). I'm sure I listened to it when I did the demos. It also could be a copy of "March" that somebody gave me, it's not my hand writing. No way to play it, so I'll ask around at work and find a cassette player and give a listen. Enjoy! In a couple days I'll either set up a tree or contact those that can't/don't want to download.

cheers

zbowho

Thanks

Post by zbowho »

Thanks Sticky. Kick ass!

Post by Sticky »

I found one on the web and adjusted the songlist above. The list I found was slightly different than what I listed. I may have gotten a track or two out of order. I'll have to look for those tapes. :x

edit to add: The Boot called "Not Forever, Just for Now" was the CD of UT's last show.

sam: consider it done. Send me an addy.

sam6025

Post by sam6025 »

If anyone feels so obligated, they can offer me a DVD of UT live...that'd be sweet...

Hee...hee...hee...

Yes, I'm shameless!

mcarlton

Post by mcarlton »

I'm getting them now... Thanks to both of you.

Lawrence Fan

Post by Lawrence Fan »

hey thanks for the hard work guys! I did some research to see if I could come up with the individual set lists for these demos (I used to have the "Not Forever, Just For Now" cassette waaay back in the day) and I discovered that there's a somewhat famous boot called "Not Forever, Just For Now" from St. Louis in 1994 sometime. Hope this doesn't cause any confusion.

Anyway, no luck so far in getting the track lists for the demos. Still looking.

-gk-

leopo_kesher

Post by leopo_kesher »

Big thanks to Sticky and Sam. Very cool for your guys to offer up your time and bandwidth. You both rock... :mrgreen:

Justin

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Sticky, there is interest from this Luddite!

Post by Sticky »

That was easy. If you're on dial-up it may be kind of a big file. So, if there's enough interest, I'll still send some out.

sam6025

Post by sam6025 »

They're up on the site at: http://www.houstonmusicreview.com/utdemos

Enjoy them.

grainpulp

Post by grainpulp »

This is awesome!

Post by Sticky »

cool, it'll take a while, maybe by tonight.

sam6025

Post by sam6025 »

Yeah, mp3 is cool. I can receive e-mails at work of any size, so you can e-mail each file to me at sbarkerATcentralDOTuhDOTedu

I can make a page for it...like http://www.houstonmusicreview.com/utdemos/ or something similar. Once I have the files, it'll take under 30 minutes to have it up and running.