7/9 setlist

Antelpe850

7/9 Setlist

Post by Antelpe850 »

Take a look further back on this board - someone posted a 7/8 Setlist for the Iron Horse in Mass. I'm pretty sure it's the same setlist in almost, maybe exactly, the same order. Jay & Mark did come out for a second encore - White Freightliner Blues.
[/img]

dt

Post by dt »

Is there any place to see the 7/9 setlist? Still looking...

renee

Post by renee »

The Thursday 7/10 show at the Bowery Ballroom was amazing! It was my first live Jay show - all expections met beyond measure. Admittedly I was one of those shouting out his name and very happy he came back for the second encore.

Sebastopol is one of those albums that became a personal touchstone - got me through this brutal winter in New York ( I just moved from San Francisco in September).

Is my memory fading already -- he did play "Damaged Son," right?? I didn't see it listed on any other posted lists...

shooterdave31

Post by shooterdave31 »

Why would it be expected that Jay would be off on his piano parts?

Post by Guest »

Good show. Voice was right on. Musicianship of the highest quality.
Great venue. Hot bartender in the balcony. all in all a good time.
Highlights:

All your might
No rolling back
feel free
1st encore (dont know name)

lowlights:
no Out on The Road. Frickin love that song.

All of the sebastopol songs sounded really nice for some reason. Maybe it was because they rocked a bit more. I know its a tired subject, but it would really be nice to see Jay let loose with some wailing rockers from back in the day. But hey, its all good.

Dent county was beautiful but jay was a bit off on his piano parts. To be expected i guess.

I was really surprised to see em come out for a second encore. The crowd was really great with chants of 'Jay jay jay'. I dont think he was planning on coming back. WEll done NYC.

uesbc

Post by uesbc »

It was a great show. Basically he comes out and starts with the TB stuff with just Mark Spencer seated next to him. As DT said, this was the most talkative I have ever seen Jay. I guess breaking the string on the first song broke the ice. Then he works thru some Sebastopol stuff for which he needs a bass and drums. Not surprisingly the highlights are longstanding favs "Still Be Around" and "Windfall", which closed the almost hour and a half show.

dt

Post by dt »

sawyer wrote:how 'bout a review?
I posted this last night in another thread, but here was my take on the show immediately following, without a doubt two enthusiastic thumbs up!

I just got back from the show at the Bowery, and it was my first show seeing Jay in any capacity. I was very impressed...and those last couple of posts were pretty much on the money

Jay is real quiet on stage, but he thanked the crowd on severla occasions. The extent of his dialogue was in the beginning when a string broke on his guitar and he said it "was going to be one of those nights"

1 UT song and it was "Still Be Around"
From SV he played "Windfall" and "Tear Stained Eye", maybe others I am not familiar with
"Sebastopol" was very well represented, at least five tunes, including "Voodoo Candle", "Damn Shame", "Feel Free", "Barstow"
Encore was "The Inner Light" a G. Harrison Beatles tune

Mark Spencer totally kicks ass on the guitar as well as Jud Ehrbar on the drums. Anders Parker plays bass. Some tunes Jud and Anders weren't even on stage for, but no mattre what combination of musicians were on stage, it worked.

If you haven't been to the Bowery to see a show I highly recommend it, it's a good time

sawyer

Post by sawyer »

how 'bout a review?

dt

7/9 setlist

Post by dt »

Hi,
Can somebody post, or post a link where I can see it? I was at the show but some tunes I wasn't familiar with.
Thanks,
Dan