Ryan A

sungod7

Rural Free Delivery

Post by sungod7 »

I've got Rural Free Delivery. It came out in '97 on Mood Food Records.

The Faithless Street reissue is the compilation that came out around the time WT was breaking up. Pneumonia came out posthumously.

If you are looking for Ryan info http://www.answeringbell.com is the place to go.

Anyone else thinks Ryan looks like a cross between Chuckie from Rugrats and Austin Powers?

Blue Falcon

Post by Blue Falcon »

Actually the album says it came out in '97 and was an indy release. Here is a link via amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... 9?v=glance

Even allmusic among others have listing for this album.

clarkma5

Post by clarkma5 »

Rural Free Delivery was a compilation of B-sides and Unreleased stuff that came out after Whiskeytown broke up, I believe.

andylest

Post by andylest »

never heard of that one. I thought Whiskeytown only had three proper albums. When did "Rural Free Delivery" come out?

Blue Falcon

Ryan Adams/Jay Farrar connection

Post by Blue Falcon »

Has anyone heard the Whiskeytown album "Rural Free Delivery"? When hearing songs like Take Your Guns to Town, Nervous Breakdown, and Captain Smith, it just strikes me as very close to Son Volt at the time ('97). I wonder if anyone else noticed....

Post by Sticky »

( )*( )

Chickeebabe

The Ryan

Post by Chickeebabe »

I rememeber seeing Mr. Adams with the Wiskeytown back when the Side Door was still breathing (gosh I MISS that place!) Good stuff, but I was never inspired to purchase, with the exception of "Demolition". Oddly, it has become one of my all time faves. I never hear anyone talk about that one, though.

P.S. I'm new. What is the emoticon for teh buttsex?

bean

Post by bean »

Likeaphotographer

Post by Likeaphotographer »

Add to that list all of Heartbreaker and Whiskeytown's Strangers' Almanac and you have yourself a hell of an argument.......

-Matt[/i]

worls

Post by worls »

listen to
now that youre gone
if im a stranger
this house is not for sale
houses on the hill
hey there, ms lovely
deare anne

and then try and tell me this guys is not brilliant

mcleod junction

Post by mcleod junction »

Adams sucks. His music is all vanilla, run through the motions pap.

nyet.

Stephanie

Post by Stephanie »

BoogieMan wrote:Just because someone becomes more popular doesn't mean he's selling out. It strikes me that he's been doing a lot of things a lot of people didn't want him to do, which is kind of the opposite of selling out. He does a lot of wierd stuff though that seems to get him a lot of attention. That message he left on Jim DeRogaitis answering machine was hilarious. If that is selling out, then I want more artists to sell out
Yea! Adams is brilliant, no matter what anyone says.

Lawrence Fan

Post by Lawrence Fan »

mcarlton wrote:Maybe I dont get it but I like a number of his songs but I really havent been watching him "Sell Out" since the days of whiskeytown. Is he just a Jackass or is he writing FM fluff for the masses? It isnt like he is a household name.
Anybody who cancels shows because the venue doesn't sell out is a jackass, I don't care how talented he is.

For the definition of "sold out", see Jimmy Buffett. I'm still a big fan but he's turned into a major condescending asshole. I tried reading "A Pirate Looks at 50" and couldn't finish it. Oh the harshness of road life, having to to charter a plane for your wife and family so you can fly your own plane between shows. I was in Key West a few years ago in November, kinda off peak as far as tourists go. Anyway, I decided to ask some of the old and grizzled bartenders about Jimmy and old stories and stuff, and not a one of them can stand the guy.

-gk-

BoogieMan

Post by BoogieMan »

Just because someone becomes more popular doesn't mean he's selling out. It strikes me that he's been doing a lot of things a lot of people didn't want him to do, which is kind of the opposite of selling out. He does a lot of wierd stuff though that seems to get him a lot of attention. That message he left on Jim DeRogaitis answering machine was hilarious. If that is selling out, then I want more artists to sell out

clarkma5

Post by clarkma5 »

mcarlton wrote:Maybe I dont get it but I like a number of his songs but I really havent been watching him "Sell Out" since the days of whiskeytown. Is he just a Jackass or is he writing FM fluff for the masses? It isnt like he is a household name.
When you listen to his music he just doesn't...push the envelope at all. His lyrics are almost always plain and uninspired these days, and the way he uses instruments and the way songs develop is utterly text-book.

Still, I don't think he's worth counting out entirely. Sometimes it just feels good to listen to a simple rock song.