Eric Heywood at MCMF??

princess buttercup

Kristin Mooney

Post by princess buttercup »

well, Mark, I know we can agree to disagree on this one. I think it is cool that Eric gets to play in a band with his wife too, but that doesn't make her a good musician. Her lyrics were incredibly asinine and boring and while she does have a good voice, it didn't make up for the lack of substance in the songs. What can I say? I'm a lyrics person and I was really disappointed by the material. She was a bit too Nashville for my tastes.

Mark Spencer

Post by Mark Spencer »

Last edited by Mark Spencer on Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

princess buttercup

Heywood

I spoke with him after the Flops show last night and asked if he was going to be in St Louis tonight. He says he wasn't invited. I told him about the article that makes it sound like he's a band member and he found that interesting. The show was really cool. Eric played a couple songs on lap steel with the Flops and it added a very nice touch. Kristin Mooney was not good. I'm sure some people liked her, but I found no redeeming qualities in her set other than the fact that Eric was playing guitar and steel with her.

princess buttercup

Kristin Mooney

she is a Mpls musician who has spent time in Nashville, Tuscon, and now lives in LA. One of the things I remember her for is her beautiful backing vocals on Peter Himmelman's records.
The gig on Friday is opening for the Flops, so I suppose it is possible you will see Eric on Saturday.

homegrown

Eric Heywood at MCMF??

Post by homegrown »

I see that Eric Heywood is playing with Kristin Mooney in Minneapolis on Dec. 10th... do you think he'll be a part of the MCMF???

It would be a wonderful surprise.

Who's Kristin Mooney?