Tribute Reviews?

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Though my decision (and suggestion to others)to ignore sean's attention-seeking posts seems to have had the opposite effect on many of you ,I am getting the feeling that this more aggressive approach may just be a success...

sean

Post by sean »

Ok, cool. Well, hopefully sticky can get the address of my childrens' schools and pass that out to everyone as well. Make sure you tell 'em "this one's cuz of your wise-ass dad".

P.S. Because of all this, I'm not reviewing the tribute cd now.

Lawrence Fan

Post by Lawrence Fan »

sean wrote:If you feel that is an appropriate response to some wise-ass comments on the internet, then please feel free to make public the information I provided you in confidence. I'm sure we'll all learn a valuable lesson...
The problem, sean, is that ALL you make is wise-ass comments. Sure it's the internet and you can say whatever you want. One or two posts here and there, no problem. But continuously acting like a dick gets a predictable response. I think you've run out of slack.

-gk-
Last edited by Lawrence Fan on Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Sticky »

I don't think I'll have to harrass any one. I'm fairly ceretain you've irritated enough people, crapped on enough threads and generally made a big enough ass of yourself that I wouldn't have to do much. I don't think you'd be such a tough guy if everybody knew who you were. There's a simple rule I live by:

Don't shit where you eat.

cheers

thatbeat

Post by thatbeat »

whats up with this cat? "sean" seems to be a point of anger for most farrar.net folks. much like those guys who crashed the board back this past summer.

has he been making some crazy posts 'round here? i saw the poll and it looked like he was in the lead....

sean

Post by sean »

Wow. Ok.

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

:lol: i always get a good laugh out of the guys who feel mighty enough to shake the cage, yet always immediately play the innocent victim of the eventual ugly, bloody attack they bring upon themself by messing with the cage that freed the usually cool, now annoyed tigers in the first place. :lol:

Hank Snow

Post by Hank Snow »

can't we all just....just get along???

sean

Post by sean »

Sticky wrote:Any more trolling and I'll follow you around and post you and your mom's address and phone number every time you do it. You want trouble in area code 703?
Wow, that certainly wasn't an inappropriately creepy response.

I don't care if you send me a demo or not, it's just music and not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. I would probably care a lot, however, if you started harassing the people who live in my home. If you feel that is an appropriate response to some wise-ass comments on the internet, then please feel free to make public the information I provided you in confidence. I'm sure we'll all learn a valuable lesson...

Post by Sticky »

The voice is mine. Reverb laden and slightly EQ'd, but mine. People either like it or hate it. I can't do anything about it.

sean: forget about the UT demos. Get them yourself, I don't spend my money giving away free music to punks. Any more trolling and I'll follow you around and post you and your mom's address and phone number every time you do it. You want trouble in area code 703?

cheers

thatbeat

Post by thatbeat »

i've actually only heard snippets of some of the songs so far, need to find a faster connection (or a good buddy-DS?) to help me get a full copy.

I've really enjoyed hearing "Before I break".... nice rock there! can't wait to hear my personal favs- Six String Belief sounds great too!

Hope we can do another tribute for Xmas 2005!

Tons of talent out there and folks really know how to use some computer programs to get things sounding right!

keith21

Post by keith21 »

Lawrence Fan wrote:
mcarlton wrote:The ramped up 6 String was great Keith21!
Hey mcarlton, were you at MCMF? If so then you'll know the irony in this. This was a song I'd heard acoustic for so long that it was getting, dare I say it, annoying? But Jay totaly rocked it out at MCMF and now Keith does it too. Hell, Keith might have thought of it first! Great version, Keith, totaly dig it.

-gk-
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the positive feedback. Can't wait to get home today and hear the rest. I don't know if I thought of it first but I had it recorded in October, maybe I did!
I like to think that Jay heard it and was so impressed... :roll:

summersleep

Post by summersleep »

OK, it's the holidays, and while I sometimes have a hard time finding the joy to the world, at the end of the day we're all in it together.

Lots of great albums have been called unlistenable...it's just an opinion, and I'd rather have someone say it's unlistenable then merely pay lip-service by saying something disingenuous like, "Oh, that's really really good!! No, really, it's very nice!!"

Anyway, I think once someone critically destroys your work it at least has demonstrated some substance and enough value to garner an honest opinion....

Now, having listened to the songs on the tribute, I'm really excited by what I'm hearing!!! Really great stuff! So different, yet all ring so "true"!

Listening to it...it was, for me, like ...let's see...being on a long car trip and trying unsuccessfully to tune in some decent radio station....then all of a sudden, just when you've given up hope, you find some local station on the radio dial that just plays all the right stuff.... All these songs obviously have a common origin, yet have been interprated so differently, I feel like it's like a great set list from radio's long gone days....really a refreshing surprise!!

sean

Re: Cleaner

Post by sean »

cowboydown wrote:SJ IMO is the boards (unofficial) protector/cleaner of all things inane and useless. If he says you're all that, then: you are.
I don't understand a goddamn thing you just said.

cowboydown

Cleaner

Post by cowboydown »

sean wrote:
saratoga jay wrote:also tell your friend he's a loser for not knowing how to properly pick and judge his friends. obviously...
He has referred to me as "an unsufferable prick" and "miserable human being" on many occassions. You and him should probably go out for pizza and a little "sucky sucky" one night.
You buyin'?

SJ IMO is the boards (unofficial) protector/cleaner of all things inane and useless. If he says you're all that, then: you are.

Have a nice day.