men, please explain something to me

Fenrisinho

Post by Fenrisinho »

About the Drive-by Truckers thing.. Maybe they think you are just some avid supporter and not really a fan.... ehh...yea..what I just said.. ehh

Peace, love
Frenchie Fenry

Ps: Note to self.. Do the thinking before the posting...

kittkatt

Post by kittkatt »

the show thing is sometimes annoying, sometimes not. on the one hand it's nice to meet someone who obviously has a common interest. but, if you see a lovely lady at a rock and roll show and you would like to get to know her. the approriate time to introduce yourself is between bands or at set break or what have you. not while she's singing along to her favorite song. ask her what other bands she's into, if she wants to hit another bar after the show, etc. the absolute worst thing you can do is walk up to her and say "hey, are you a fan of (insert band that is currently performing here)." it's a stupid question, posed by a stupid guy. i cannot tell you how many times guys have come up to me (for whatever reason drive by-truckers fans are REALLY bad about this), pointed out that i seem to know the words to all the songs, and then asked me if i was a fan of the band. if i didn't like them i wouldn't be there, let alone singing along to the entire show.

Damaged Son

Post by Damaged Son »

And a nod to twitcher's message...
That was hilarious!!!!!

(unless you're a woman on the receiving end of that stupidity)

Damaged Son

Post by Damaged Son »

it sounds like you hit the nail on the head, kittkatt.

Men (meatheads, slackers, jerks, good guys, bad guys) are sometimes attracted to that which they find exotic. Or to put it another way, that which they're not accustomed to. Now some...hell, many if not all of us, will immediatly speculate or make assumptions based on that woman due to her uncommon appearance (based upon the context...like tattooed woman working out in a country club). Depending on what part of their anatomy we're thinking with, the assumptions are gonna either be good or bad.
(jeez...i jumped around with pronouns there...subconscious attempt to try and distance myself from that behavior? Well, ALL of us guys are guilty of thinking with the wrong head at one point or another)

Nonetheless they're still assumptions until conversation is actually engaged. -gasp!-

And the above, being attracted to someone 'different' than what you're used to, applies to men and women both...sometimes with good results.
Sometimes bad.

Yeah...i've gone on and rambled but it's late, i'm wide awake, all my friends are outtatown and i'm bored outta my freakin' mind...

But maybe to take it outside of the context of the gym as some of y'all did earlier....what about at concerts? Has anyone been approached at shows? My lady friends don't dare go to a concert by themselves because they're inevitably approached by some 'meathead' that keeps them from enjoying the show.

Post by Sticky »

Locker room talk?

Lame.

Let's see...
Shiny hair. Tattoos. Reads. Sober. Works out. What else do we know about you that ISN'T locker room talk? (There's actually nothing about girls that isn't locker room talk.)

Oh, you like Jay's music, but they don't know that.

cheers

kittkatt

Post by kittkatt »

no, this was relayed to me by marcus, one of the trainers who works there, based on conversations that he heard in the men's locker room.

Post by Sticky »

You think that they think. That IS lame. Get over yourself.

cheers

kittkatt

Post by kittkatt »

because that would be really lame.

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

why don't you change your board name to KittTatt? :P

:roll:

kittkatt

Post by kittkatt »

it was explained to me by one of the trainers today! you see, i work out in the gym at my dad's country club (i don't even want to hear about it, these people annoy the hell out of me too). most of the time it's is me, a bunch of trophy wives, and rich white southern business men. we are currently at the end of winter break. during the last week or so, the children of the trophy wives and the rich white southern business men get bored, and decide to go try to jog off the beer guts the gained during fall semester. although i am there every day, these ole miss/uva/ut knoxville/georgia/auburn attending frat boys are fascinated by the girl at the country club on the treadmill with... tattoos. they apparently think i'm a bad girl and that is just fascinating to them. they think that i engage in behaviors that sorority girls they've grown up with couldn't even imagine. they are completely mistaken, but this is apparently the reason that i am so damn interesting.

Fenrisinho

Post by Fenrisinho »

twitcher73 wrote:I just posted my rant about the mind of males in order to impress some girl - maybe she'd find me introspective and cool, in a slacker sort of way...

Deep philosophical question: is anything ever done from a pure / non-ulterior motive?
Don't know if I can answer your question, but I'm everything in a slacker sort of way.. Kinda like Mick Jagger :wink:

Peace, love
Frenchie Fenry

PS: What did I just say? :roll: Well... Well...

twitcher73

Post by twitcher73 »

I just posted my rant about the mind of males in order to impress some girl - maybe she'd find me introspective and cool, in a slacker sort of way...

Deep philosophical question: is anything ever done from a pure / non-ulterior motive?

Post by Sticky »

JJ wrote:Wow lot's of generalizations here.
I guess I started it, but I was speaking from the standpoint of:
I'm a man and, most of the time, where women are concerned, I'm an idiot. Ask uno.

Some of the other statements sound like people got beat up a lot or have never been to a gym. There are always certain gyms, just like bars, that cater to a crowd that prefers "the meat market" lifestyle. If you don't like it, don't go. There are other gyms and other times to go. When I worked out, before I screwed up my hand, I worked out until exhaustion. Believe it or not, I WASN'T THERE FOR THE CHICKS! (That's why I'm HERE.) I was training. If a pretty young lady was there it was just a plus.

I guess I'd have to ask this:
What makes you think they are only there to impress the ladies? Why does it annoy YOU, that THEY over-exert themselves and look stupid? Maybe they're just working out. If you're just there to work out, why are you paying any attention to them?

cheers

PS- There's always a couple knuckleheads. all you can do is try to avoid them.

Muddy Waters

Post by Muddy Waters »

Respectfully I will stick up for my gender.....Men are o.k. although we do have siginficant issues...

JJ

Post by JJ »

Wow lot's of generalizations here. I have listened to UT/Jay etc for 10 years, I smoke cigarettes, drink my share and I go to the gym. I try not to even take notice of whoever else is around while I workout - to be honest I don't really care. I'm there to make sure I stay alive long enough to hear the new Son Volt record - and because it's too cold to run outside in the winter.