album art

Haggischomper

Post by Haggischomper »

No, I meant it was double the size of St Louis.

Sandusky

Post by Sandusky »

Haggischomper wrote: I was surprised to find it has only half the population (300, 000) of Glasgow, Scotland.
Wow! :shock: You live in a city that's DOUBLE the size of Chicago? Man, that's huge! I've visited Chicago many times & still couldn't find my way around! :lol: You can probably tell that I've never been to NYC (don't want to either)

Haggischomper

Post by Haggischomper »

you can get me on tenbourbons@hotmail.com

fraggle

Re: Haggy

Post by fraggle »

That's cool, Haggy. You won't be too far away from STL.

What is your email addy, BTW?

Haggischomper

Post by Haggischomper »

Yeah, I was through in Chicago at the end of March. It is big but I kinda liked it. St Louis had a nice vibe to it - it is a good size. I was surprised to find it has only half the population (300, 000) of Glasgow, Scotland.

Sandusky

Post by Sandusky »

Well then, congratulations are in order! I hope you like living in Chicago. Have you ever been there? It's a bit too big for me. I like the size of St. Louis better. Tis funny that your future father-in-law is a Cubs fan. Wear your Cardinals caps proudly! :lol:

Haggischomper

Post by Haggischomper »

Nah, I'm from Scotland. My first visit to the US was to St Louis though - my friend's sister-in-law got married to a guy from St L and we all went along, kilts and all. Had a ball. Great town. And now it is my turn to get married - to a Chicago gal. Her dad is a Cubs fan so that'll be good....

Sandusky

Re: Hey Haggy

Post by Sandusky »

Haggischomper wrote:I'll be moving to Chicago, probably around April '04. I'll be wearing my Cards caps with pride though.. :lol:
I love it! Show those Cubs/White Sox fans who's best! I'm a huge Cardinals fan also. U from St. Louis? If so, whaddya doin' in Scotland?

Haggischomper

Re: Hey Haggy

Post by Haggischomper »

fraggle wrote:Where ya movin' to, and when ?
Hey Frag!

I'll be moving to Chicago, probably around April '04. I'll be wearing my Cards caps with pride though.. :lol:

Post by Guest »

I love his album covers. The Trace cover fits the music on that album so perfectly.

fraggle

Hey Haggy

Post by fraggle »

Where ya movin' to, and when ?

Sandusky

CD covers

Post by Sandusky »

I have to disagree with the last post. I think the CD covers from Sonvolt/Jay are great. Simplicity is the key. But Trace is my favorite cover. 8)

And the T-shirts--- they're the BEST!!!!

uesbc

Post by uesbc »

Actually the art work on the cover (as well as t-shirts) are my least favorite thing about Jay's work. Dating back to Son Volt, I just don't like any of it. I guess I am more into Steve-Earle-like art work.

loosestring

Post by loosestring »

oops that was me. for some reason it didn't sign me on when i signed on... :?:

Post by Guest »

Yeah it is. It's the most simple one, but it's very cool. I guess Straightaways was pretty simple too. I really like the cover art on Jays solo stuff by Jim Ward Morris. Who did the art for Trace and Straightaways???