Wilco in Bama, not at Grammy's

sam6025

Post by sam6025 »

Next stop...THUNDERDOME!!!

Fenrisinho

Post by Fenrisinho »

This is turning into a Fenrisinho vs. Sam6025 taste in music day :lol:

After discovering the White Stripes in december, I've been obsessed with them. Love 'em, love 'em, love 'em.

sam6025

Post by sam6025 »

I can't stand the White Stripes' music. But Jack is decent musician and a good producer from what I've heard from Loretta and the Von Bondies. His work on the Cold Mountain soundtrack was good as well. I just hope he leaves the Stripes dead. That'd be the best move. Find a band and do something good. Novelty only goes so far.

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

sam6025 wrote:I agree with Jack White, not many stations touched Loretta's new material. He was just talking about how her old songs were banned and still sold well/won awards...and this one didn't get much rotation and won as well. Jack is an alright kid.

i saw the 60mins Weds segment on those two. i've always loved loretta but never bought any white stripes. he said they were on tour and saw a sign that pointed to loretta's house. they drove by, she was home and invited them in. the rest is history.

i was so glad she won, plus she was funny as hell!

sam6025

Post by sam6025 »

I agree with Jack White, not many stations touched Loretta's new material. He was just talking about how her old songs were banned and still sold well/won awards...and this one didn't get much rotation and won as well. Jack is an alright kid.

Honestly, this grammy doesn't do too much for Wilco. No kids were reading the bottom of the screen while Sheryl Crow wore a ripped up yellow dress thinking how cool Wilco must be...they were reaching for a towel...or something.

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

that was my first thought exactly!

talk about a blanket statement.....unless he forgot to add an "a lot" in his quote/babble.

anyway, remember that 'vh-1 uncle tupelo behind the music' discussion we had at one time? well, wilco winning and the new son volt aren't hurting those who want to see it on TV someday.

eamon

Loretta and Jack

Post by eamon »

Did any catch Loretta Lynn winning for the first time in 33 years. She looked great :!: :!: :!: Jack White spoke a little on how winning the Grammy in the County category but many "County Radio Stations" wouldn't even play "Van Lear Rose" he did not get into the details but you kinda know what he's talking about :roll: :roll: :roll:

Muddy Waters

Post by Muddy Waters »

Jeff screwed up on this one. He needs to do some research on who has won grammys in the last 35 years..

There is plenty artists on the list that he respects....many more that he does not..

That was a ridiculous statement...

Stevie Wonder
Bob Dylan...
Springsteen..
Sinatra
Elvis..
Bonnie Raitt
Johnny Cash

Those are just a few off the top of my head......

Re: Wilco in Bama, not at Grammy's

Post by Sticky »

Haggischomper wrote:
slobile wrote: To be really blunt, I don't have a lot of respect for the artists that have won Grammys.
What? Like Bob Dylan? :roll:
That's Tweedy's quote, not slobile's. I wonder how he feels about himself with a couple in his pocket.

cheers

criminals

Post by criminals »

Drove down to Memphis on Sat. morning , hung out on Beale St. and saw Wilco at the Orpheum Theatre that night. Great show, great venue. Covered I Shall Be Realeased and Something in the Air. Good stuff.

Haggischomper

Re: Wilco in Bama, not at Grammy's

Post by Haggischomper »

slobile wrote: To be really blunt, I don't have a lot of respect for the artists that have won Grammys.
What? Like Bob Dylan? :roll:

Fenrisinho

Post by Fenrisinho »

maura tierney wrote:
Fenrisinho wrote:Awards are kinda like piss, both leave a foul taste in your mouth.
You drink your piss? Or is it someone elses?! Please don't respond to this- it may get TOO weird!

Ooops, wrong message board :oops:

maura tierney

Post by maura tierney »

Fenrisinho wrote:Awards are kinda like piss, both leave a foul taste in your mouth.
You drink your piss? Or is it someone elses?! Please don't respond to this- it may get TOO weird!

Fenrisinho

Post by Fenrisinho »

Awards are kinda like piss, both leave a foul taste in your mouth.

maura tierney

Post by maura tierney »

These awards ceremonies are a load of shit anyway. The truely talented are only recognized when the awards organizers need a credibility boost.