screechy guitar noises

Haggischomper

Post by Haggischomper »

v wrote:hey guinness.

ni h-eibhneas gan chlainn domhnaill on the board. gd 2 c u.
It's all double Gaelic to me.

v

Post by v »

hey guinness.

ni h-eibhneas gan chlainn domhnaill on the board. gd 2 c u.

criminal,
i have that last ut show but am not really trading at present, have you checked out the 'vine' type sites for the show - details in sawyers vine post.. and plenty of folk have that show i'm sure youll get a trade somewheres if'n you shout loud enough.

Haggischomper

Post by Haggischomper »

V - Yonder Live '75 thing is just incredible. I wonder what else that genius-type fella has lying around in his vault... Can't wait for October...

Guinness

Post by Guinness »

They dinnae get us all.

Guinness,
son of Dhomhnuill

per mare per terras

v

Post by v »

funny that, and there i was imagining half n half in corset and tyrolean bustier, triple star rhinestone tiara balanced on her head, frolicing with a herd of cloned sheep on the edge of loch lochy, invernesshire, an ambient version of metal firecracker bleating gently in the background, while haggischomper, high up on glencoe, dressed in powder blue suit and hushpuppies, singlehandedly reenacts the massacre of the macdonalds clan in 1692

happy weekend

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

anyone else get the disturbing (no offense) image "V" is dancing around nekkid w/ huge headphones on?

v

Post by v »

cwiminal and sawyer and anyone else peed off - i've edited the stupid title down. hope thats sorted it. apologies.

v

Post by v »

You say you love me
And you're thinking of me
But you know you could be WRRROOOOOOOONG

Made me go all gooey eyed there, Haggis, I just had to get up switch to phono, dust off the old vinyl and pop on Before The Flood.

and hey, what do you think of that live 75 Rolling Thunder Revue dble? best version of Romance in Durango and Isis and The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll I ever heard ever. And if'n you want to hear Mr Tambourine Man reclaimed by its rightful owner this is the one.

Now, lay lady lay, lay across my big brass bed
whatever colours you have on your MIIIIIIND
I'll show them to ya and you'll see them SHHHIIIIINE

i love listening to vinyl

Haggischomper

Post by Haggischomper »

If yer talking about drumming then there are only 3 words you need know - Levon Fuckin' Helm.

Grotto Slack

Post by Grotto Slack »

I saw Centro Matic this spring and I just wasn't impressed with the drumming. It was sloppy and crammed. Plus, he drops his fingers a lot from the sticks which leads to weak and irregular sound quality. Once agin, though, the drumming on Sebastapol is excellent. Maybe Jay and his producer knew pretty much exactly what they wanted and were able to communicate those parts to Matt Pence.

fygmynt

hmmm..

Post by fygmynt »

well, now i don't know WHO i saw. will johnson sounds familiar, too. he's the lead songwriter and vocalist, right?

i think that whoever i saw playing the drums at that show had to be the same drummer that played on "sixty-odd drummers" on static and the strings...because the style was identical. it's the same style that i hear on navigational, too, but maybe they're just similar...

~fygmynt

nw12us3

Post by nw12us3 »

matt pence is the fuckin' cat's ass.

...AND, you should be so lucky to see and hear will johnson sit at the kit.

sawyer

Post by sawyer »

criminals wrote:Also wanted to point out you threw the whole board off with your subject title. :twisted:
yeah it's f*&ked. now i hafta scroll back and forth to see everything. PM me when this thread is on page 2. :x

criminals

Post by criminals »

I would love to trade for the last show C/D if available.

Also wanted to point out you threw the whole board off with your subject title. :twisted:

fygmynt

centro-matic

Post by fygmynt »

the drumming on centro-matic's navigational is nothing short of inspiring...static and the strings is good too, in this respect.

i pretty much love everything about the drumming in centro-matic. matt pence is a giant hammer. the drumming is what won me to centro-matic in the first place. are you telling me that matt drummed on sebastopol?? because that would mean i have to get it at once.

i saw them once live in athens, and my ears have never recovered. it's funny, because most of the tempos are really slow, and yet, he manages to sound so fucking heavy metal all the time. badass.

~fygmynt