Other Interests

tillotson505

Post by tillotson505 »

I find Mr. Waits to be quite the piece of work - in a hypnotic sense.

Gonna need some help with 'keef,' in other words - what?

Coffee Creek

so hi.

Post by Coffee Creek »

tillotson505 wrote:I berate all that don't respect Bob Dylan and Tom Waits.
Bob Dylan ... what can you say?

Tom Waits ... I was listening to some show of his tonight.

Hypnotic ... Just a piece of work.

I would love to share the date/venue with you -- but, keef got in the way.

good stuff though.

Peace to the keef -- if you can Wait for it,

-- CC

tillotson505

Post by tillotson505 »

I draw pretty pictures of buildings that I hope people will eventually build.

I berate all that don't respect Bob Dylan and Tom Waits.

And I appreciate the wonderfulness that is Jay Farrar and his music.

Oh, and I dig hot babes - because I can be shallow like that.

dEvRoNiKa

Post by dEvRoNiKa »

Okay, I’ll play because I really enjoy talking about myself, apparently.
I do the photos (the rock variety, but lots of other kinds too) – paint, write (book is almost done for the past year – ahem), currently also writing a review-or-two for Sam6025’s Houston Music Review site, and contributing aforementioned rock-photos and aforementioned (but non-fiction) writing. Uh, I am a Mommy to an 11-year old kick-ass little kid named Zane. In far less glamorous news I work for a garbage company. I don’t sling trash, I work in the corporate office, but I think I might prefer slinging trash sometimes, really. I live in the ‘burbs with mah mayun and we both play lots of guitar in various rockin’ projects. I write/sing/play on a daily basis (free beer and chicks dig it). I am an obsessive fan of anything Farrar-related (duh), and there is evidence of that all over this here board. I’m currently making a meatloaf (it’s in the oven). I like to cook, I collect retro-cowboy kitsch (like covered wagon lamps and tacky old-west trinkets, or anything vintage cowgirl). I like to read, but don’t do enough of it lately. I really like run-on sentences and sitting in the back of my SUV at work and playing guitar on my lunch hour. I’ve just bored myself into a near catatonic state.

sam6025

Post by sam6025 »

Oh yes, I nearly forgot, I've posted some of my crappy demos on Garageband.com if anyone is looking to hear some guy who can't sing make songs!

http://www.garageband.com/artists/verdiahill

Remember, these are rough demos recorded in a house with children going apeshit, so the vocals are thrown in, etc.

Also, the distortion parts in both aren't my little gig...in 'Pinky', it's a reference point for when my friends sit in to put a loud, obnoxious feedback laden breakdown in there...sorta new Wilco-ish.

Fenrisinho

Post by Fenrisinho »

Mort wrote:Too bad about the girl, F. Let's hope you get over it. I guess you'll find some comfort in making the P1K mark... And maybe the fact that I'll buy you a beer at Rock Bottom!! :D

Good luck tomorrow!

M.
:D

I'm meeting her today, straight after this Job-club thing is over for the day. Where am I you might ask? The Job club of course, doing job-club stuff like writing inane posts on the Jay Farrar messageboard :roll:

Good that you can make it! We'll make a countdown thread in a couple of weeks I think, there's a couple of others from the board who's showing up as well!

mcmi0402

Post by mcmi0402 »

I like to go fishing. For bass and muskie mostly and I am freekin pumped because its been like summer up here for the last two weeks.

I also like hockey, playing, watching, and coaching.

I got one cool little daughter that listens to all sorts of good tunes with me.

PS Stretch, we are coming right by ya in August on our way to Madeline Island, for that is the name of my daughter (and that is fricking bueatiful place) I also like your idea of SV playing there this summer.

Mort

Post by Mort »

Too bad about the girl, F. Let's hope you get over it. I guess you'll find some comfort in making the P1K mark... And maybe the fact that I'll buy you a beer at Rock Bottom!! :D

Good luck tomorrow!

M.

Fenrisinho

Post by Fenrisinho »

BoogieMan wrote:Cool! Those are fairly big creatures

And by the way, the metric system rules!
It so does!

btw: Nice Gekos as always Duckie!

Phelsuma Madagascariensis Grandis sounds like a new type of pizza :wink:

BoogieMan

Post by BoogieMan »

Cool! Those are fairly big creatures

And by the way, the metric system rules!

twitcher73

Post by twitcher73 »

Duckman wrote:
BoogieMan wrote:Duckman, that's a nice pic! How big do those geckos grow?
The males of that species grow to apx. 26-30 cm.
My largest male gecko is 30 cm.
The females are apx. 23-26cm.

They can get up to 20 years old...
Arrrgggh! METRIC SYSTEM!!! DAMN MY AMERICAN EDUCATION!

*sigh* let me get my calculator out... :wink:

Duckman

Post by Duckman »

BoogieMan wrote:Duckman, that's a nice pic! How big do those geckos grow?
The males of that species grow to apx. 26-30 cm.
My largest male gecko is 30 cm.
The females are apx. 23-26cm.

They can get up to 20 years old...

BoogieMan

Post by BoogieMan »

Duckman, that's a nice pic! How big do those geckos grow?

stretch

Post by stretch »

The geckos look pretty cool. My cat would love one as a pet. My only experience with geckos was quite a few years ago when a guy I know brought some pickeled geckos back illigally from China. I mean he had jars of them. I guess they are rather pricey item in certain circles and are supposed to increase the male hormone level when eaten. Anyway , we got really drunk and cracked open a few jars and ate 'em up. Chewy bastards.
All I know is when I crawled through the back door some time in the morning, my wife was not so pleased and cut me off for a couple weeks. So, my advice is to ignore offers of pickeled geckos..they don't work.

Tallman

Mort

Post by Mort »

My other interests (at least some of them):

- being a good dad. I have 2 beautiful daughters who occupy more and more of my time as they grow older. And of course, the mrs. demands some of my time too... :wink:
- Playing my instruments. I play guitar (acoustics only), mandolin, (some) banjo but at the moment I mostly play bass in a trio.
- My dogs. I have 2 border terriers. Wonderful dogs. They join our family when we do another thing I love – hiking. Haven’t done much of that lately, with the result that both dogs and owners have gained weight. Note to self: work on that!
- Jigsaw puzzles. Just love ‘em. Simple as that.
- Reading.
- Watching TV. To be more specific: Discovery Channel, all kinds of sports, the news and Sopranos – and recently added Lost to that list.
- Food and drink. Just love cooking and, well, drinking...
- (watching) Football - haven't played in years myself :(
- Bruce Springsteen (although I’m an a break from that – kinda...). Travelling the globe to see his shows, collecting every piece-of-shit 7” single released in Poland or Malawi or whatever (and posters, CDs, books, anythi...) , posting at various forums, trading tapes/CDs, etc. etc. No wonder I grew (sick and) tired... :(