Footy Talk

Dr. Zapatos

Post by Dr. Zapatos »

Lawrence Fan wrote:
Dr. Zapatos wrote:
Fenrisinho wrote:
Talus wrote:I give, RUP factor?
3.5.1 Real User Priority (RUP)
The real user priority of a user measures the resource usage of the user through time. Every user begins with a RUP of half (i.e., 0.5) and, at steady state, the RUP of a user equilibrates to the number of resources used by that user. Therefore, if a particular user continuously uses exactly ten resources for a long period of time, the RUP of that user stabilizes at ten.
However, if the user decreases the number of resources used, the RUP value of user drops (i.e., gets better). The rate at which the priority value decays can be set by the macro PRIORITY_HALFLIFE, which is a time period defined in seconds. Intuitively, if the PRIORITY_HALFLIFE in a pool is set to 86400 (i.e., one day) and if a user whose RUP was 10 removes all his jobs, the user's RUP would be 5 one day later, 2.5 two days hence, etc.
This explains a lot.
Dude, don't listen to that baby making machine that is Fenrisinho. He's just in it for the chicks.
The chicks have been good to me! 8)

Texas Tom

Post by Texas Tom »

This kid, and all our youngsters, has got me really excited for the future. England supporters should be hopeful for Mr. Young as well.

Lawrence Fan

Post by Lawrence Fan »

Dr. Zapatos wrote:
Fenrisinho wrote:
The real user priority of a user measures the resource usage of the user through time. Every user begins with a RUP of half (i.e., 0.5) and, at steady state, the RUP of a user equilibrates to the number of resources used by that user. Therefore, if a particular user continuously uses exactly ten resources for a long period of time, the RUP of that user stabilizes at ten.
However, if the user decreases the number of resources used, the RUP value of user drops (i.e., gets better). The rate at which the priority value decays can be set by the macro PRIORITY_HALFLIFE, which is a time period defined in seconds. Intuitively, if the PRIORITY_HALFLIFE in a pool is set to 86400 (i.e., one day) and if a user whose RUP was 10 removes all his jobs, the user's RUP would be 5 one day later, 2.5 two days hence, etc.
This explains a lot.
Dude, don't listen to that baby making machine that is Fenrisinho. He's just in it for the chicks.

Dr. Zapatos

Post by Dr. Zapatos »

Fenrisinho wrote:
This explains a lot.

Dr. Zapatos

Post by Dr. Zapatos »

This thread used to require better computers than what we use to have didn't it?

calexico

Post by calexico »

ARSENAL SUCK BALLS EVER SINCE THAT AMERICAN BASTARD TOOK OVER!!

Lawrence Fan

Post by Lawrence Fan »

calexico wrote:Pendants.
Corrected. And what you have against pendants beats me.

calexico

Post by calexico »

Pedants.

Lawrence Fan

Post by Lawrence Fan »

Dr. Zapatos wrote:
calexico wrote:
Lawrence Fan wrote:
Dr. Zapatos wrote:
Lawrence Fan wrote:Dr. Shoes, wherefore art though, Liverpool?
Hoho!
You know, Ben would have been all over my misspelling.
What misspelling? Thou was correct, not though. Never mind the Doctor, his first language isn't even English.

EDIT: Alternatively, I am missing some undercurrent between you two and you really ARE that stupid.
What we is and what we isn't AIN'T none of your business!
Corrected.

Dr. Zapatos

Post by Dr. Zapatos »

calexico wrote:
Lawrence Fan wrote:
Dr. Zapatos wrote:
Hoho!
What misspelling? Thou was correct, not though. Never mind the Doctor, his first language isn't even English.

EDIT: Alternatively, I am missing some undercurrent between you two and you really ARE that stupid.
What we is and what we isn't are none of your business!

calexico

Post by calexico »

Lawrence Fan wrote:
Dr. Zapatos wrote:
Hoho!

Lawrence Fan

Post by Lawrence Fan »

Dr. Zapatos wrote:
Hoho!

Dr. Zapatos

Post by Dr. Zapatos »

Hoho!

Lawrence Fan

Post by Lawrence Fan »

Dr. Shoes, wherefore art thou, Liverpool?
Last edited by Lawrence Fan on Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

calexico

Post by calexico »