Footy Talk

Texas Tom

Post by Texas Tom »

Way to go United!!!! on to the final. We needed that.

calexico

Post by calexico »

Yeah, the next while will tell for sure if we are capable of staying the pace. I think the fact that we got back to the top shows how indifferent the tope teams form has been this season.

Four tough games and then the resumption of the Champion's League as well. Still, could be worse. We could be Barnet. :)

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Yeah, I was happy with Coyle's appointment because Burnley played football. Klasnic was a good move by Megson but Coyle knows how to use him.
I agree with you that Gallas is a lucky boy.
Man, I love watching Arsenal play. As I have said before, they are my team if Bolton isn't involved. Fabregas is playing at an insane level.
Can you believe that only a few weeks ago, Gunners were 11 points back and now they are top? Sure, other results have gone their way but they have been playing some outstanding football.
The next 4 games could define the season: Villa away, Red Scum at the Emirates, Chelsea away and 'Pool at home.

calexico

Post by calexico »

Good game last night though. It was plain to see that the new management team have been drilling it into the Bolton team to try and keep it on the ground more. Shocking defending at times though. Gallas should have walked for that challenge.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

calexico wrote:That's it, yea.
Which match was it, then?

calexico

Post by calexico »

That's it, yea.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Well, you must have watched a different game than the rest of us.

calexico

Post by calexico »

Usual long ball and fouling any chance they got. I would quite happily see Bolton and Stoke relegated and Portsmouth too if only to get rid of that fat, tattooed fuck who rings those bells all through the game.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

calexico wrote:
dcarter wrote:The Reebok is rockin' for Coyle's deut!
Fuck Bolton and their lash it forward to fathead Davies football.
Ha ha! Did you watch that game? We were unlucky. Offensively, we caused problems. Many balls in the box and not from long balls. I watched it but this from the Premier League site is better than my memory:
In the first minute Bolton almost created an opening when Fabrice Muamba played in Lee Chung-Yong and he cut the ball back for Kevin Davies, who had his close-range shot blocked.

Seconds later Ivan Klasnic had the ball in the net with a 20-yard snap-shot only to be flagged offside.

The new manager factor had certainly had an effect on the Wanderers' squad, although the change from Megson's long-ball to Coyle's football was something which would obviously take a while to get used to.

But there were odd glimpses of the 'new' Bolton and Davies, Gretar Steinsson and Klasnic combined in a short passing move to set up Tamir Cohen on the edge of the penalty area but he fired well over.

Bolton began the second half as they had the first with both Matt Taylor and Cohen causing goalkeeper Manuel Almunia concern in the early stages.

Lee, Wanderers' best player, had caused Traore problems all game and having out-stripped the left-back once again his low cross was deflected goalwards by William Gallas but Almunia collected.

Taylor was guilty of not testing the Arsenal goalkeeper in the 61st minute when Klasnic spun on the edge of the area to release him on the left only for his team-mate to blaze over.

Taylor was again the culprit in the 70th minute when he sprang the offside trap from substitute Gavin McCann's lofted pass, but tried to beat Almunia from 35 yards despite being well clear of the nearest defender and ended up shooting wide.

A new day for the One True Wanderers!

calexico

Post by calexico »

dcarter wrote:The Reebok is rockin' for Coyle's deut!
Fuck Bolton and their lash it forward to fathead Davies football.

Texas Tom

Post by Texas Tom »

Its so nice to watch liverfools struggle...dirty f&%@n bastards

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

The Reebok is rockin' for Coyle's deut! But what a baptism, Arsenal twice in 4 days. Up the Trotters.

calexico

Post by calexico »

It's weird how you can watch most games there live while we have to wait until MOTD tonight to see them, although the Stoke game was on tv. I didn't watch it though.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Any one else watch the Stoke v. Pool game? Rafa face when Huth made it one all in the 90th was classic. Post-game, Tommy Smythe said the rumours are that Gerrard and Torres may be out for the season to be healthy for the cup. Why in hell did they sign Rafa to that extension? Sacking him will be too expensive. How far will Liverpool fall? Bad luck whe Kuyt hit the post at the death, though.

Now time for Jeff and the boys on Soccer Saturday on the laptop while Chelsea/Suderland is muted on the TV. Heaven.

calexico

Post by calexico »

gdavis5446 wrote:
calexico wrote:J-E-T-S!!

Moving on.
They may win it all. That Defense and running game are tough.
Don't jinx it...let everyone talk up the Cowboys or the Colts. We'll keep doing our thing nice and quiet.