Footy Talk

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Dr. Zapatos wrote:Benteke![/u]
A proven Premier League goal scorer but, honestly, aren't you still waiting for a Suarez replacement? If the owner wasn't American, Brendan Rodgers would have been sacked for wasting the Suarez money with poor signings:

pre Suarez money signings - Borini 10.5 M, Assaidi 2.4M, Alberto 6.8M, Aspas 7.2 M, Sako 18M, Illori 7M, Suarez money signings - Lambert 4M, Lallana 25M, Markovic 20M, Lovren 20M, Balotelli 16M.

That's 125- 150 pounds on players that everyone agrees are misses. You could have had Alexis Sanchez for Christ Sakes, but Brenda knows best! Let's raid Southampton and then we'll sign a head case! That's the ticket! You had Champions League football to offer a world class Suarez replacement in the Summer of 2014, but that ship has sailed to the Europa League and now attracts an Aston Villa player for 32.5M! Benteke is quality but he isn't Suarez level. Unbelievable that Ol' John Henry is letting him spend over 100 million again. Rodgers is King Midas in reverse but gets the gold in spite of it!

Dr. Zapatos

Post by Dr. Zapatos »

Benteke![/u]

Lawrence Fan

Post by Lawrence Fan »

Dr. Zapatos wrote:R.I.P. Terry Pratchett.
His final tweets, or whoever made them on his behalf, we great. As were Leonard Nimoy's.

Dr. Zapatos

Post by Dr. Zapatos »

Everything that can be said has already been said.

R.I.P. Terry Pratchett.

Lawrence Fan

Post by Lawrence Fan »

Bump!

calexico

Post by calexico »

Good times. :D

Sachsen

Post by Sachsen »

Sorry, I don't like football.

But I'll talk about soccer any time y'all want to.

'Merica.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Those were the days. I propose that all of the Jay Farrar fans of football that were part of this thread plus any new Farrar Footballers, agree to post about football here this season. Also, a Farrar-fan (registered at jf.net) only, no outsiders this time, Fantasy League is in order.

calexico

Post by calexico »

Wow...seriously fun wasting time on the internet. Plus...someone thought Ashley Young would be a good player ha ha ha ha!! :lol:

Lawrence Fan

Post by Lawrence Fan »

Languishing on page 21. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Damn you Facebook!!

Dr. Zapatos

Re: Footy Talk

Post by Dr. Zapatos »

Lawrence Fan wrote:I expect at least 25 posts here by this time tomorrow.

Discuss.
Good times!

Lawrence Fan

Post by Lawrence Fan »

Man, teh Canadian women got fucked, no? I don't blame Wambach for trying to influence the ref, but jeez, what bad timing on the ref's part. As a US fan, I'll take it, but I'd be foolish to not acknowledge the "help" we got on that call.

calexico

Post by calexico »

maura tierney wrote:M-M-M-M-M-M-Maura!!!

Once more with feeling...

calexico

Post by calexico »

calexico

Post by calexico »

Lawrence Fan wrote:
Dr. Zapatos wrote:
Fenrisinho wrote:
Talus wrote:I give, RUP factor?
3.5.1 Real User Priority (RUP)
The real user priority of a user measures the resource usage of the user through time. Every user begins with a RUP of half (i.e., 0.5) and, at steady state, the RUP of a user equilibrates to the number of resources used by that user. Therefore, if a particular user continuously uses exactly ten resources for a long period of time, the RUP of that user stabilizes at ten.
However, if the user decreases the number of resources used, the RUP value of user drops (i.e., gets better). The rate at which the priority value decays can be set by the macro PRIORITY_HALFLIFE, which is a time period defined in seconds. Intuitively, if the PRIORITY_HALFLIFE in a pool is set to 86400 (i.e., one day) and if a user whose RUP was 10 removes all his jobs, the user's RUP would be 5 one day later, 2.5 two days hence, etc.
This explains a lot.
Dude, don't listen to that baby making machine that is Fenrisinho. He's just in it for the chicks.
Fen isn't the one with a brand new kid whose daddy is hitting 50. 8)