dancing at shows

tribby

countryboy....

Post by tribby »

i like the cut o' yer giblets....

so i do,

me

p.s. ma'am...(whilst tipping resistol quarterhorse in half's direction)

countryBoy

no

Post by countryBoy »

We don't need your crying here. Its not for everybody honey don't let the site get you down, move on. It's 2003 and that kind of expression belongs in a nut house. I'm not a white shirt and suit guy either but cut the hippy crap, even my parents born in the 40's have moved on. Its called real life catch a ride and be free. You're only like that on the weekends or else you can't survive in the real world. If Jay had steel toe boots on I would cheer if he stepped on your snotty ass nose.

sawyer

Post by sawyer »

half-n-half wrote:maybe the dancer had just recoverd from paralysis the day before and was celebrating her new found movement??? ever consider that?
now i feel bad.... where's that winking emoticon thingy?

princess buttercup

Post by princess buttercup »

great video

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

maybe the dancer had just recoverd from paralysis the day before and was celebrating her new found movement??? ever consider that?

fraggle

Re: dancing

Post by fraggle »

Speaking of dancing at shows...

http://www.gbv.com/mykindofsoldiervideo.html

Long Slow Fade

Post by Long Slow Fade »

dorame, I have found a website that seems to be more up your sensitive alley.

www.oprah.com

You're welcome. Keep spreading those positive, non-schwag vibes.

princess buttercup

Post by princess buttercup »

"....Let every one enjoy in their own way or get ready for a post that reads:"Sitting at Jay show with penis in hand and wearing the shades that came closest to matching Jay's but not actually acting like I enjoyed the music, Okay?" Please tell me Jay's fan base is not this lame!"

Enjoying the show in your own way is exactly what we ought to let people do, but there is a limit to that if they are annoying everyone around them or dancing in a space where there isn't room for anyone else around them to move because of it, or if you're stepping on my toes everytime you move (like that guy at the Golden Smog show)

I have always been more confused by the people who stand up front, but don't look like they are enjoying the show whatsoever. Jay seems to get a lot of those.
Oh well.

sawyer

Post by sawyer »

dorame wrote: You're idol/role-model/reason for living has the power to make someone get up and shake their thing despite the jeers from the "fans" and you think that's bad?!?!
i think it was the booze. and the need to be noticed.

fygmynt

hmm.

Post by fygmynt »

i think this particuluar young woman's incessant gyrating had less to do with her expressing her soul than the chemicals in her body expressing their ability to fuck her up.

she was completely oblivious...crunk, if you will.

~fygmynt

tombola

dance

Post by tombola »

Sounds like we all need to a get together for a group hug. :D

Alexa

Post by Alexa »

I don't know about anyone else here, but I don't have a problem getting sexually excited.

Furthermore, I am not a geek. :wink:

dorame

Post by dorame »

My first Jay show was at the mish. Thoroughly enjoyed it and thought I might check out his music a bit deeper. I started with this site and got to the message board. I now see that what i thought was an intellectually open-minded crowd may actually have been a giant circle jerk of sunglass clad, pasty white geeks that have a problem getting sexually excited(see morrisey). Give me a break! You're idol/role-model/reason for living has the power to make someone get up and shake their thing despite the jeers from the "fans" and you think that's bad?!?! I think that's a testiment to the power of the music or at least the expression of the soul. If those two are absent, I'd rather not attend another show. I'll go to the local beat poet, then slide down the alley to rub one out before going further down the road to see some real music that makes me want to move or at least appreciate the others that are moved that way. Let every one enjoy in their own way or get ready for a post that reads:"Sitting at Jay show with penis in hand and wearing the shades that came closest to matching Jay's but not actually acting like I enjoyed the music, Okay?" Please tell me Jay's fan base is not this lame!

Coffee Creek

Post by Coffee Creek »

What about String Cheese??!!

They need love, too!

Long Slow Fade

Post by Long Slow Fade »

Yeah, there are plenty of talentless, boring jambands touring at all times. Let 'em go there.