Ryan Adams spits on Philly crowd

rusty-old-tunes

Post by rusty-old-tunes »

It was a great show. The only song I knew at the time was "16 days" so it was a cool introduction to Ryans music. Very intimate setting. And probably the loudest show I've seen.

twitcher73

Post by twitcher73 »

rusty-old-tunes wrote:
twitcher73 wrote:
rusty-old-tunes wrote:I say good for him. We have been having problems with that here. It's truly annoying when you pay good money to listen to the music of an artist you really respect and you got some drunk bozo blabbin about nothin in your ear. I saw Ryan when he was with Whiskeytown in a small bar in Boise and he got pissed at the crowd for talking instead of listening to the music while they were doing some acoustic stuff. He yelled at the crowd, threw down his acoustic, picked up his electric, and cranked up the volume on what was already an incredibly loud concert. It was great!
Wow... was that the show at the Neurolux with Danielle Howell opening???

I so wonder if I know you...
Yea back in '97 I think.

Yup yup - argh... I tried to get in but it was sold out... :(

Fenrisinho

Post by Fenrisinho »

There's a guy selling Ryan's spit on a piece of skin over at eBay right now-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 26035&rd=1

Muddy Waters

Post by Muddy Waters »

While I like Ryan Adams he needs to rachet down two things:

The booze and the Tortured Genius Artist Routine..

He has a lack of professionalism...While an artist like Jay is sometims criticized for his lack of spontanaiety...He is a pro...

Glad he acknowledged his mistake.....

BoogieMan

Post by BoogieMan »

Duckman, you're right!

Duckman

Post by Duckman »

Talus wrote:Ever worse is people who sing at the top of their lungs right in your fucking ear.
Hey! That guy was standing behind me at the Lars Winnerbäck show during the BergenFest.

I yelled at him twice, and he wouldn't stop.

Next to me was a swedish bastard who answered his cellphone when it rang, and he had to SHOUT so the person in the other end could hear him.

To that guy who said "it's a bar setting, get over it"... :

If I've paid good bucks to see a show, it's the SHOW I wanna see AND hear - not you blabbing to your friends.

IF it's so important to you to talk, instead of listening - go to ANOTHER bar, and ask them to play a record of the band. THEN talk.

People who can't shut up during shows, and especially acoustic shows should have all their bodyhair slowly yanked out with tweezers. Then they should have to stand naked in the town square shouting "I'm a f**** tosser, I just can't shut up"

rusty-old-tunes

Post by rusty-old-tunes »

twitcher73 wrote:
rusty-old-tunes wrote:I say good for him. We have been having problems with that here. It's truly annoying when you pay good money to listen to the music of an artist you really respect and you got some drunk bozo blabbin about nothin in your ear. I saw Ryan when he was with Whiskeytown in a small bar in Boise and he got pissed at the crowd for talking instead of listening to the music while they were doing some acoustic stuff. He yelled at the crowd, threw down his acoustic, picked up his electric, and cranked up the volume on what was already an incredibly loud concert. It was great!

Yea back in '97 I think.

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

STLBlues05 wrote:well,..for what it's worth,...the next night at the D.C. show,..someone screamed out, "Philly sucks" and Ryan disagreed
dexter manley? or maybe it was art monk?

STLBlues05

Post by STLBlues05 »

well,..for what it's worth,...the next night at the D.C. show,..someone screamed out, "Philly sucks" and Ryan disagreed and said it was a bad night for him and he was sorry for it. So at least he admits it was a mistake.

twitcher73

Post by twitcher73 »

BoogieMan

Post by BoogieMan »

The spitting thing sucks. It's easy to say that Ryan is an asshole just looking at that behaviour but the constant heckling that appears at each and everyone of his shows is not what I call nice. Those people who go on and on to provoke are no less assholes.

Should the guy on stage be able to take whatever shit the audience shouts at him really? There are better ways dealing with it than spitting and stopping the show though

Talus

Post by Talus »

Ever worse is people who sing at the top of their lungs right in your fucking ear. or fall on you, or puke on you, spill their beer-I guess that's why I haven't been to a concert bigger than a 1000 people in about 10 years.

maura tierney

Post by maura tierney »

Spitting on the crowd is bang out of order, but I've just about had it with people who talk non-stop at shows. I work f*cking hard for not a lot of money, and when I pay to see a band I want to hear THEM- not some tosser talking to his mates. The next c*nt who f*cking babbles away when I'm trying to listen to a band is gonna get a f*cking kicking. If you wanna talk then f*ck off outside.

smoke

Post by smoke »

17 songs! That is two shows for most people. Sounds like the crowd got its money's worth to me.

calexico

Post by calexico »

The spitting thing is pretty ugly though in fairness.