OKEMAH on Vinyl

CanadianVolt

Post by CanadianVolt »

72 SVT...a classic bass rig. I don't envy the poor sap who has to load/unload it; especially when a flight of stairs are involved.
She's a brick alright, but well worth it. The Line 6 version of the SVT does it juststice but it only models it in the normal postion, no bright settings ect. I find line 6 does a good job getting that sweet spot of each amp, but as you guess, it can't harness the full spectrum of each amp. I think they may have been a biot too ambitious thinking customers would do away with thier amps. I have seen some cover bands use pods and go right into the PA... It doesnt sound that bad, but I am soo used to having my rig on stage I would feel quite odd not having it. My ears are used to having it there too.

One of my fav amps that is modelled is the Polytone Mini Brute. Anyone ever play the real deal? How was it?? Also, the MArshall Major is worth a mention. I have a patch that uses the Marshall Major cab 4 * 15" with the SVT Head. PHAT

I also have an SWR combo I use for smaller gigs. I even have an older 66' Vox Essex Bass combo too, but like all Vox's you dont want to be relying on this for gigs. It stays at home and is used in the studio.

I also have the filter PRO... AWESOME.

cathodebias

Post by cathodebias »

Line 6 have some decent sounds. Some of their early advertising implied that you could now get rid of your vintage tube amps. For recording on a budget you can't beat Line 6.

72 SVT...a classic bass rig. I don't envy the poor sap who has to load/unload it; especially when a flight of stairs are involved.

tillotson505

Post by tillotson505 »

CanadianVolt wrote:
Line 6 and it's digital amp modeling was supposed to make all tube amps extinct. Seems to me there are more tube amp manufacturers now then ever before.

Line 6 designed the Bass POD and Guitar POD series to allow players to "model" amps, I cant really see them expecting it to relace them.
With that being said Line 6 PODS are great and offer a very easy way for mid range home recording enthusiasts to quickly dial in legendary tone from the most popular amps. Also, they offer the ability to swap heads and cabs and then add modelled efx. All that for a few hundred bucks. Not bad. The A.I.R technology used in the modelling chip is unreal. As you can see, I like Line 6. But, I would never DI my bass POD Pro and leave my 72 SVT at home... no way jose !
Just one question - does any of it go to 11?

CanadianVolt

Post by CanadianVolt »

Line 6 and it's digital amp modeling was supposed to make all tube amps extinct. Seems to me there are more tube amp manufacturers now then ever before.

Line 6 designed the Bass POD and Guitar POD series to allow players to "model" amps, I cant really see them expecting it to relace them.
With that being said Line 6 PODS are great and offer a very easy way for mid range home recording enthusiasts to quickly dial in legendary tone from the most popular amps. Also, they offer the ability to swap heads and cabs and then add modelled efx. All that for a few hundred bucks. Not bad. The A.I.R technology used in the modelling chip is unreal. As you can see, I like Line 6. But, I would never DI my bass POD Pro and leave my 72 SVT at home... no way jose !

sam6025

Post by sam6025 »

But what if we are actually retarded? Can we still argue then?

mister spills

Post by mister spills »

Arguing over format is more retarded now than ever. Buy whatever makes you happy.

cathodebias

Post by cathodebias »

As an analogy to the Vinyl vs CD debate:

Analog rules. Whether in guitar amplification or recording medium. IMO.

CanadianVolt

Post by CanadianVolt »

Anytime.

sam6025

Post by sam6025 »

That's the point I was making with that statement. Thanks for the echo.

CanadianVolt

Post by CanadianVolt »

A lot of bands record to analog that don't use vinyl for their releases.
Not to sound too techie here, but the recording medium used has little or nothing to do with the way in which it gets mixed for digital or vinyl.

sam6025

Post by sam6025 »

Yep...the past two days have sucked in my life...sorry.

keith21

Post by keith21 »

Wow.

sam6025

Post by sam6025 »

So? Anything you post, I'll naysay and talk shit about...

That's the way it is when I'm in a pissy mood. I start petty arguments over records and penis size correlation rather than deal with the problem.

keith21

Post by keith21 »

I know, but since Transmit Sound just confirmed that it will be released on vinyl in this thread, it's my guess that it will be a quality analog mix. That's all.

sam6025

Post by sam6025 »

A lot of bands record to analog that don't use vinyl for their releases.