so who here hasn't stolen the album yet?

sawyer

Re: so who here hasn't stolen the album yet?

Post by sawyer »

darell wrote:this is not a thread about right or wrong, or if you've downloaded it even though you're going to buy it when it comes out.

who here is olde-fashioned and is waiting until jay wants you to hear his album?
me.

theadge

Post by theadge »

I admit I snagged the Sebastopol demos when they hit Napster/Audio Galaxy like a year before the album came out. I bought the album and the ep and everything else. But I think waiting for the new album will be in order this time. I've got plenty of live shows to tide me over until then. Also just bought the Retrospective and the ACL DVD which rule. I was surpised to not see an audio CD version of the ACL show, at least I didn't see one at the local stores. Seems many of the other artists' sets have been released in both formats. Gotta love NewWest records though.

HighPlainsDrifter

Post by HighPlainsDrifter »

fadeaway wrote:
HighPlainsDrifter wrote:I haven't not stolen it.

But I absolutely do plan on buying the album the day it comes out.
I haven't not stolen it, either. And I don't not like it, too. I guess I won't not buy it, as well.
That isn't not cool.

fadeaway

Post by fadeaway »

HighPlainsDrifter wrote:I haven't not stolen it.

I haven't not stolen it, either. And I don't not like it, too. I guess I won't not buy it, as well.

HighPlainsDrifter

Post by HighPlainsDrifter »

I haven't not stolen it.

JTBurner

Post by JTBurner »

I have it. A bit of a disappointment. I suppose I had very high expectations. But I'll buy it when it comes out.

frumiousbandersnatch

Post by frumiousbandersnatch »

maybe joe citizen will show up on the vinyl release of okemah. i know the uncle tupelo retrospective had extra tracks on the vinyl release.

Wishikew

Post by Wishikew »

Maybe he's holding it back for an EP which will be called "Joe Citizen Blues" and will come out towards the end of the year and will contain some great outtakes from the recording sessions.

Hint, Hint Jay!! :twisted:

calexico

Post by calexico »

Does anyone have a definitive answer on why Joe Citizen was left off the album?Brilliant track,shame to leave it out.

bigdieseltrucker

I'll pay....

Post by bigdieseltrucker »

I already own everything else, why break the chain? How the fuck does a whole album get leaked, anyway? It's called marketing. Create a buzz. If the thing is ready, why fuck around for 6 months? I wonder why Joe Citizen Blues didn't get the studio treatment. Oh well. :roll:

JunkHead

REM

Post by JunkHead »

Jay has a family to feed. Be kind and pay...

JunkHead

bigdieseltrucker

Hahahahaha.

Post by bigdieseltrucker »

I was forged in the valley of sin over on hell's half-acre with the lust of a whore and the sinew of thieves and gluttons!! Hahahahaha! Uh, internet police, I got it from Deadman. It rocks! Waiting? I'm having a hard enough time waiting till I'm married to have sex.

Lloyd

Post by Lloyd »

I don't have it yet. I checked Soulseek, but I couldn't find it.....I've heard some live tracks though, killer stuff!!

If I find it I might download it...can't wait to hear it. And I don't feel bad about downloading either.....I'll buy the album no matter what.

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

what about William Hung? :shock:

deadman

Post by deadman »

I got it....don't feel to bad about it considering I own everything he has ever put out and will buy the dual disc. I have listened to it about 30 times. Its the best thing since straightaways. Great flow and songwriting. Probably the most important album of 2005.