The Band

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

Talus wrote:If you ever get to Pittsburgh (it's only an hour from here)Jay I'll buy you a couple of Yuengellings!

sounds cool.

by the way, i've never been in either... 8)

i went to college with some cool dudes from upper st. clair, though.

Fenrisinho

Post by Fenrisinho »

Tell that to maura :wink:

Smell ye later, Hasselator!

Talus

Post by Talus »

Time for bed, see ya later, stay out of the Hooskow.

Talus

Post by Talus »

If you ever get to Pittsburgh (it's only an hour from here)Jay I'll buy you a couple of Yuengellings.

P.S. I just tried to google it for a spelling, and everything said (sp?)!

Fenrisinho

Post by Fenrisinho »

Talus wrote:Your english is superb (probably better than mine) but I really didn't think you'd know all of the American slang for prison. Joint, big house, slammer, pen, pokey.
No, I actually meant thanks for the translation. Ain't got any hooskows around here you see :wink:

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

Talus wrote:I really didn't think you'd know all of the American slang for prison. Joint, big house, slammer, pen, pokey.
a bad marriage
Last edited by saratoga jay on Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Talus

Post by Talus »

Your english is superb (probably better than mine) but I really didn't think you'd know all of the American slang for prison. Joint, big house, slammer, pen, pokey.

Fenrisinho

Post by Fenrisinho »

Well, whaddaya think?

Thanks for the translation btw :wink:

Talus

Post by Talus »

22 straight days of work , and then 3 hours with Maura and straight to the hooskow? (jail)

Fenrisinho

Post by Fenrisinho »

No, I worked two extra days last month as well. But I figured I need the money anyways. Going to England and all..

Talus

Post by Talus »

Fenrisinho wrote:Don't worry, I'll chose starvation the next three weeks.

I'm working a goddam 22 days in a row :evil: :shock: :evil:
22 days in a row? Making up for lost time?

Fenrisinho

Post by Fenrisinho »

Don't worry, I'll chose starvation the next three weeks.

I'm working a goddam 22 days in a row :evil: :shock: :evil:

Talus

Post by Talus »

Fenrisinho wrote:
bigdaddy wrote:
Fenrisinho wrote:You can't hear Acadian Driftwood on radio?
You have?

Beyond "Up on Cripple Creek", "The Weight", and "Life is a Carnival" I don't think The Band gets too much airtime. But hell, if they some getting some radio play, I'd be more than happy to stand (or sit as the case may be...is) corrected.
I've actually heard that song a few times on the radio. I think they released it as a single from Northern Lights-Southern Cross. A BeaUtiful song indeed. But maybe Norwegian radio and Canadian radio are slightly different? I also prefer to sit corrected, much better for my feet (who're carrying my 200 pound body, but I'm taking Brian's advice and will take the low carb route from now on)
I swear I'll never talk to you again if you go low carb! :evil:

Fenrisinho

Post by Fenrisinho »

bigdaddy wrote:
You have?

Beyond "Up on Cripple Creek", "The Weight", and "Life is a Carnival" I don't think The Band gets too much airtime. But hell, if they some getting some radio play, I'd be more than happy to stand (or sit as the case may be...is) corrected.
I've actually heard that song a few times on the radio. I think they released it as a single from Northern Lights-Southern Cross. A BeaUtiful song indeed. But maybe Norwegian radio and Canadian radio are slightly different? I also prefer to sit corrected, much better for my feet (who're carrying my 200 pound body, but I'm taking Brian's advice and will take the low carb route from now on)

bigdaddy

Post by bigdaddy »

You have?