Tribute II

summersleep

Post by summersleep »

Thanks a lot, man!
I can't wait to hear the whole thing, too!

twitcher73

Post by twitcher73 »

Sorry for the delay... finally downloaded the song

This is awesome!!! Kind of a rock-a-billy feel... I like what you've done with it - great guitar work, too...

I can't wait for the final project to be out... you guys and gals are darn tootin' talented...

summersleep

Post by summersleep »

Thanks guys! I appreciate it!

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

sweet take, Patrick.

i can't wait to hear Traced 2...errrrr..Fauxkemah.

dEvRoNiKa

Post by dEvRoNiKa »

Sweet job, Patrick.
I dig your version of Flow. It's one of my favorites anyhow. Nice take.
Looks like this FAUXKEMAH is shaping up.

Wheee!

-D

summersleep

Post by summersleep »

Greetins everyone!

Finally finished "Flow" - I went for a different take on the song....a little rough around the edges, but it's only rock'n'roll, right?

It's available here for download if anyone cares to give it a listen... http://homepage.mac.com/patrickodonoghu ... ring2.html

Have a great weekend!

-Patrick

dEvRoNiKa

Post by dEvRoNiKa »

Bound to Get Burned wrote:Alright everyone this is getting close. I've gotten most of the songs now and I'm getting the rest in the mail soon (Stretch, I got yours. Nice Job.)

I'm leaving today and will out this weekend. So when I get back I will work on sound levels and things like that.

Also Dev, I'll get in contact with you about cover and inserts when I get back. So if you want to go ahead and get some ideas going that'll be great.

Everyone start thinking of a title for this (And no, not Traced II)

Thanks,

Kenny
Not Traced II, or Retraced then ...
Just let me know what to call it. I can make a new thread and have a vote or something. I'm sure we'll figure it out.

Bound to Get Burned

Post by Bound to Get Burned »

Alright everyone this is getting close. I've gotten most of the songs now and I'm getting the rest in the mail soon (Stretch, I got yours. Nice Job.)

I'm leaving today and will out this weekend. So when I get back I will work on sound levels and things like that.

Also Dev, I'll get in contact with you about cover and inserts when I get back. So if you want to go ahead and get some ideas going that'll be great.

Everyone start thinking of a title for this (And no, not Traced II)

Thanks,

Kenny

CanadianVolt

Post by CanadianVolt »

FINALLY done, well I am going to call it quits. I was going to try a different approach but screw it. Kind of a one take wonder. I was going to for the straight up cover but changed directions and ended up with , well, you'll hear .. Can somone PM me FTP info or something, I am having trouble with my site.

trailrider

Post by trailrider »

I finally wrapped up Windfall last night. I've been having a tough time finding time to play my guitar at all let alone record. It's not all I hoped it would be, but I think it came out ok.

Coffee Creek

A Bridge to Farrar?

Post by Coffee Creek »

How about "Fauxemah" as a title for Tribute II? :wink:

twitcher73

Post by twitcher73 »

:lol:

I'll have to remember that trick with the guitar... a lot of my problem was figuring out the best way to utilize my equipment - I used a spiffy condenser mic for the guitar, yet still managed to lose some tonality (brightness? resonance?) from my guitar... my vox sound flat, but in the future I may think about getting some processing power behind them - the built in "room reverb" effect on the board just didn't cut it...

Harmonica saved the whole project for me - that and the fact that I tweaked the song at the end - went a whole new direction with it going into the third verse and then had a free for all - even got a chance to put a little mando in the mix... so, again, the more I learn the board, the happier I'll be... but musically I'm ok with it...

CanadianVolt

Post by CanadianVolt »

Cool,

It susually takes a while to get used to your new setup. Keeping the levels as high as you can without clipping is the key , from the get go. Always have your guitar vol FULL and go from there. Start at the guitar first and work your way in to the board...

I actually got to the final stages of Medication early last week, listened to it, and deleted everything to start over. I was going for the straight up cover version, then decided to do somewhat of a more spacy version with a more of a backbeat... Will post tonight for you all to get. Once again, I apologize for the delay, I am sure the record label with understand and the tour wont suffer :)

Actually I will post some original stuff for you all as well. I am currently working on a new CD.I am playing Rhodes / Piano/ Wurlitzer / Clav

twitcher73

Post by twitcher73 »

Out of the Picture is done... Kenny, let me know how to get it to you -

This was really my first digital 4 tracking experience and it didn't come out as great as I'd have liked, but I'm happy that I've begun learning the ropes ok on my fostex. Also - had to do some baby-sitting, so at times you can hear my son in the background playing... it made kind of a nice effect...

CanadianVolt

Post by CanadianVolt »

How do we submit the the songs? In what format ? I should have medication finsihed tonight. Talk about a rush job though :)

My apologies to everyone for being late here. Typical Canadian hoser to hold everything up.. To be honest with you this last month has been pretty rough, I lost my stepfather to Cancer, quite suddenly.