Blue Mountain

phix174

Post by phix174 »

Great band!

Charlessroyal

Post by Charlessroyal »

For some days i have followed their work. But I can't tell that they are not doing anything. If you need any academic related clarifications you can choose dissertation writing service UK. I can promise you that they are the best service providers for students in affordable price.

el caballo loco

Post by el caballo loco »

Good news for Blue Mountain fans. Dog Days is being issued on vinyl. Release date 6/10/16. You can pre-order on Amazon.

wrick

Post by wrick »

Don't think it ever got much better than Blue Mountain. All 4 of their wide release albums stay on my top shelf, great songs (Cary's and Laurie's and incredible choices on Roots), but they were even more incredible live. Didn't come to San Francisco all that often, but it was like a revival when they did - surely the best shows I ever saw at Slim's.

When my grandmother died in Birmingham last year I took the opportunity to drive across Alabama and Mississippi to hear Cary play a show in Vicksburg. It was low-key and informal (sets and breaks merged together pretty freely), but Cary put his new songs (and old ones) out there with as much heart and conviction as ever. It was incredible, and the show lasted till almost 5AM. Cary's still an awesome talent!

Haven't taken a chance on trying out Laurie's new stuff with her brother. Anybody heard it?

Fenrisinho

Post by Fenrisinho »

Thanks Slobile, PM in yer Inbox as we speak :D

slobile

Post by slobile »

cary is an amazing songwriter who doesnt get near the respect he deserves. Going to see him (again) in New Orleans at the house of blues next weekend. Cool Breeze was one of his best records yet but dog days stands the test of time.

The First record (some call it Bright Light) is very similar to dog days. Someone from this board sent me a copy last year, i would be happy to send one to you Frenchy, just pm me. Since this cd is out of print forever, cary is ok with it being traded

ShuckOwens

Post by ShuckOwens »

Last edited by ShuckOwens on Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fenrisinho

Post by Fenrisinho »

I played Tales of a Traveler at work yesterday. I only have that Dog Days, but in the mail are the others (except the first one which seems impsossible to get)

+ I ordered Cary Hudson's two solo albums as well :D

I spent 150$ on music a few days ago, today I bought 300$ headphones to my amp + a minijack adapter so I can use it on my PC as well (and future stereo) + a 1000$ computer. MAN, my salary kinda just went there...

I love my two Blue Mountain albums btw :D

Damaged Son

Post by Damaged Son »

I love and dearly miss Blue Mountain.
Was lucky enough to see them play once.

Homegrown is definitely one of my favorites.
I also enjoyed Tales of a Traveler.

And i loved the CD artwork.
Great drawings and paintings.

sand dusky

Post by sand dusky »

Gunstar_Red wrote:Yeah dog days is amazing, Carey's solo album, the latest one, is pretty cool as well.
But give the first one a miss tho

sand dusky

Post by sand dusky »

I love Bluemountain They ruled my stereo for a year, played them in the shop I worked at.....i couldn't get enough. I love dog Days but I prefer HomeGrown. At first I didn'y like Tales of a Fisherman but now two of my favourite Blue Mountain songs are from it. I really like Roots. He gives the impression he really felt for the songs he covered.

Gunstar_Red

Post by Gunstar_Red »

Yeah dog days is amazing, Carey's solo album, the latest one, is pretty cool as well.

FIFTH WHEEL

Post by FIFTH WHEEL »

Listen to Dog Days very often. Never get tired of it. By far my favorite c.d. of theirs. Great summer album. Nice one to listen to while driving in the country with the windows down.

hot burrito

Blue Mountain

Post by hot burrito »

I have been listening to them for the past few days. I have all the cd's, but it's been a while since I listened to them. This is one of the better bands, can't believe they are gone. Anyone else listen to them much?