Ooohhh... what a great thread
I can talk for hours of good shows I've seen, to people paying less and less attention as I go into details.
1. Simon & Garfunkel - Oslo Spektrum 2004.
2. Bob Dylan - Norwegian Wood - 1998
3. Neil Young solo - Grieghallen, Bergen - 2003.
After the top three, these are the best shows I've seen in NO particular order:
- Old 97's - Gamla, Oslo - later the same night after seeing Bob Dylan at Norwegian Wood.
- Son Volt - Mars, Oslo - sometime in 1995/1996 ?
- Mary Gauthier - Den Stundesløse, Bergen - 11. september 2003.
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Oslo Spektrum about 1992? - The last show on the Into The Great Wide Open-tour.
- The Rainmakers - Lillehammer - 1995/1996. Brilliant rockshow!
- Neil Young with Booker T. & The M.G's - Kalvøya 1993.
- Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Kalvøya 1994.
- The other 8 Bob Dylan shows I've seen.
- Ryan Adams solo - Ricks, Bergen - 2001.
- Ryan Adams & The Sweetheart Revolution - Rockefeller, Oslo - 2002.
- Funhouse - Butler'n, Vinstra - 1991, 1992, 1993.
- Young Neils - Rockefeller, Oslo - 23.12.1993.
- Raga Rockers - Jorekstadhallen, Lillehammer - apx. 1990.
- The Dubliners - Den Stundesløse, Bergen - 2000?
- The Margarets - various places in Oslo & Bergen - 2002/2003.
- Jay Farrar - Madam Felle, Bergen 2003 & 2004.
- Lou Reed - Norwegian Wood, Oslo - 1998.
- Van Morrison - Norwegian Wood, Oslo - 1998.
Ohhh.. there are just to many to mention... but that list was at least some of the best shows I've seen. Had to be, since they were the first to pop into my head.
One big problem with Norway, is that we don't get any of the cool bands we only read about on this forum... and buy on record...
Like the Bottlerockets, Drive-By Truckers, Slobberbone and such...