half-n-half

oh i get it...

Post by half-n-half »

stymie is impacted. sorry trib.

tribby

;';''';;'';';

Post by tribby »

i had manners?

like i always told momma, manners, like hobbies are fer people who don't have anything better to do.

hey jude, open up a can why don't ya?

me

irms

Post by irms »

someone is bored...

best concert?

ummm... prolly my first time seeing the campers reunited last year. it was the a dream come true! :)

half-n-half

trib

Post by half-n-half »

monkey peter,
where'd yer manners go?

tribby

/,,,/

Post by tribby »

yes you know me, i'm yer stepfather.

no, the latest,

me

p.s. stupid net-handle ya gots there, bubba.

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

tribby....honey, please sit down....we have something to ask you....

...are you the UNABOMBER??? :shock:

tribby

,,,//,/,////,,,,,,

Post by tribby »

slack babbath-'74 Buddakan

tribby

,//,

Post by tribby »

this just in...

pearl jam suckles cockles...

spilt to bill

Post by spilt to bill »

I saw Pearl Jam on 4/8/04 outside of Washington DC, the day after Kurt Cobain committed suicide. It was one of the most emotional shows I have ever seen. Ed Vedder commented how no one would be where they were at the time had it not been for Kurt. PJ debated not playing at all, but went on to play one of the most searing sets I have ever seen. It was pretty incredible and probably the most memorable concert I have seen.

I also saw the Tibetan Freedom Concert in '98 at RFK Stadium in DC. 2 days including REM, Live, DMB, Beastie Boys, A Tribe Called Quest, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pearl Jam and Radiohead. Absolutely awesome. Beck was scheduled but did not perform on the first day because lighting struck the stadium (literally about 15 rows in front of us) and they cancelled the rest of the day. I was totally bummed because I had heard Beck was an awesome performer. Each performance got better and better on the second day and built up to a crazy end where the Red Hots played a few songs with PJs equipment after their set.

Recently, I saw Built to Spill 4 times in 5 days out here in California and the 2nd night at the House of Blues on Sunset was amazing. Doug Martsch is an incredible guitarist and a truly gifted songwriter.

As for Jay/SV, the best show I have seen of theirs was in '98 at the Birchmere in Alexandria, VA. An intimate setting, the show was advertised as an "acoustic night with Son Volt" but they broke out the electrics for Route, Cemetary Savior, and Picking up the Signal towards the end. Runner up would be Son Volt at 9:30 Club in DC in '97. First time I had seen them and they rocked. I was suprised how quiet Jay was in between songs. Not alot of chat, just rolling out song after song. They really seemed to be on that night, playing really tight.

tribby

best recent show...

Post by tribby »

woulda been rex hobart...

but they're always good. had a handle of whiskey fer this one too.

done haggy proud, so they did...

me

RobUA03

Post by RobUA03 »

Pearl Jam 4/9/03 Oak Mountain Ampitheater, Birmingham, Al
Bruce Springsteen BJCC Nov '02

Long Slow Fade

Post by Long Slow Fade »

Hey Half, I caught Pearl Jam a few months ago too, in Little Rock. 5th row. Outstanding stuff.

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

i'd like to think I've yet to see the best concert ever, but neil young & crazy horse in the late 80's early 90's(?), SRV, and Pearl Jam a few months ago rocked. and for the older mellower set.....Ottmar Leibert is pretty fucking great.

Locally, way back when-ANY show by the Texas Instruments

kokokelli

Post by kokokelli »

That's a really hard one...

Maybe Neil Young and Sonic Youth at the Meadowlands.

I saw Patty Griffin last year too and she was pretty damned breathtaking.

Tom Waits too. Saw him play at a Dead Man Walking show in L.A. a few years ago. That was religious.

Grotto Slack

Post by Grotto Slack »

Ryan Adams can be a damn good songwriter. But guitar player he is not. He can only play in the key of C and use a capo.
I'm not saying he can't accompay himself proficently in a songwriter fashion, I'm just saying he's no great guitar player. In fact, he's quite average.