5 Questions for Jay

Fenrisinho

Post by Fenrisinho »

tillotson505 wrote:
Fenrisinho wrote:1. Will you play Chickamauga in Costa Mesa, CA?

2-5. Redundant questions.
Sorry I'm late to this wonderful little party here (and what a party it has become it seems. )

But to the point, the dangers of Jay playing the RUP song that close to a well known fault line will just lead to catastrophic results. I'd predict half of California in the Pacific as a result.
I probably shouldn't encourage him to play it then! :oops:

hot burrito

Post by hot burrito »

1. Who's wine?
2. What wine?
3. Where the hell did I dine?
4. Why do democrats argue so much?
5. What do they know?

tillotson505

Post by tillotson505 »

Fenrisinho wrote:1. Will you play Chickamauga in Costa Mesa, CA?

2-5. Redundant questions.
Sorry I'm late to this wonderful little party here (and what a party it has become it seems.

But to the point, the dangers of Jay playing the RUP song that close to a well known fault line will just lead to catastrophic results. I'd predict half of California in the Pacific as a result.

cathodebias

Post by cathodebias »

Questions for Jay:

I heard Trace was written on the road whilst traveling back and forth between New Orleans and Minneapolis. Could you tell me about this process?

and a couple of questions that I'm not sure he would answer...

How is your relationship with Heidorn since the SV fall out?

What do you think about Wilco's music and recent grammy?

Is neverwonagrammy really a wimp since he's quit drinking?

Why didn't you buy Brian a fuel pump in Indianapolis that day?

On another topic:

Thanks Sticky for setting up these DVD B&P's and thanks also for your last post.

gblues

Post by gblues »

I know everybody has that one cd that they never take out of their car & when I say never I mean NEVER. Mine is Peace, Love, Death Metal by the Eagels od Death Metal & CCR's collection from 1970. So I guess my question would be just that, what cd do you keep on stand by?

Post by Sticky »

I posted my questions in another thread and they weren't very interesting.

My only question right now would be:

"Hey Jay, could you tell Tiny Elvis and Hoops to SHUT THE FUCK UP, stay on topic, or start their own thread?"

chris

TinyElvis

Post by TinyElvis »

Hoops wrote:
but I am embarassed for you and embarrassed for your parents.
Never disrespect me like this again. You have opinions and I have opinions. Show some class.
Oh please. I have class. More than you can ever imagine.

Talus

Post by Talus »

Only one question (in best Tommy Chong voice)

Who cuts your hair man?

calexico

Post by calexico »

dEvRoNiKa wrote:
thatbeat wrote:what about the 5 questions? don't kill the thread man.
:(
hell - I was a bit glad they got of the nudies topic, knowumsayin?

I'm baaaaccckkkk! :twisted:

Hoops

Post by Hoops »

but I am embarassed for you and embarrassed for your parents.
Never disrespect me like this again. You have opinions and I have opinions. Show some class.

Lawrence Fan

Post by Lawrence Fan »

Hoops wrote:I'm sorry..I do not mean conservatives. I mean supporters of the illegal war in Iraq.
Illegal War - an oxymoron if there ever was one.

peainthepod

Post by peainthepod »

TinyElvis wrote:
Hoops wrote:Well, let me know when we are liberating the Chinese, Saudis, and about 15 African nations from their government sponsored killing.... Oh yeah, there is no oil in Africa or China, and well the Saudis and the Bushs may be old buddies....

And believe me, I am looking for a new country. Need to find a job first. And it's great to hear that our Congress is investigating Rafael Palmeiro's failed drug test while I pay $3.00 a gallon in gas.

I do not hate America. I am embarassed for America. We have become the evil empire.
Since gas price is such a actor in your decision-making process, here is a list of gas prices around the world (2004 - I am sure they have increased since). You'll be happy in Venezuela. (Maybe I can get my friends from Denmark and New Zealand to tell you about the prices of cars in their countires.)

Nation City Price
UK TEESIDE $5.64
HONG KONG HONG KONG $5.62
UK MILFORD HAVEN $5.56
UK READING $5.56
UK NORWICH $5.54
GERMANY FRANKFURT $5.29
DENMARK COPENHAGEN $5.08
NORWAY STAVANGER $5.07
NORWAY OSLO $4.93
ITALY ROME $4.86
TURKEY ISTANBUL $4.85
PORTUGAL LISBON $4.80
KOREA SEOUL $4.71
SWITZERLAND GENEVA $4.56
KOREA KOJE/OKPO $4.53
AUSTRIA VIENNA $4.50
CROATIA ZAGREB $4.32
JAPAN TOKYO $3.84
AUSTRALIA SYDNEY $2.63
CAMBODIA PHNOM PENH $2.57
TAIWAN TAIPEI $2.47
GEORGIA TBILISI $2.31
LAOS VIENTIANE $1.66
THAILAND BANGKOK $1.60
CHINA TIANJIN $1.54
CHINA SHANGHAI $1.48
RUSSIA MOSCOW $1.45
KAZAKHSTAN ALMATY $1.36
KAZAKHSTAN ATYRAU $1.35
TAJIKISTAN DUSHANBE $1.32
AZERBAIJAN BAKU $1.15
VENEZUELA CARACAS $0.14

IRAQ $.05
maybe some country
will come liberate us

pea

TinyElvis

Post by TinyElvis »

Hoops wrote:Well, let me know when we are liberating the Chinese, Saudis, and about 15 African nations from their government sponsored killing.... Oh yeah, there is no oil in Africa or China, and well the Saudis and the Bushs may be old buddies....

And believe me, I am looking for a new country. Need to find a job first. And it's great to hear that our Congress is investigating Rafael Palmeiro's failed drug test while I pay $3.00 a gallon in gas.

I do not hate America. I am embarassed for America. We have become the evil empire.
Blah blah.. tired, old talking points that probably sound deep and meaningful to you.

You are correct, Congress and the Feds have no business getting involved in anything outside their limits set forth in the Constitution.

You may be embarassed for America, but I am embarassed for you and embarrassed for your parents.

Since gas price is such a actor in your decision-making process, here is a list of gas prices around the world (2004 - I am sure they have increased since). You'll be happy in Venezuela. (Maybe I can get my friends from Denmark and New Zealand to tell you about the prices of cars in their countires.)

Nation City Price
UK TEESIDE $5.64
HONG KONG HONG KONG $5.62
UK MILFORD HAVEN $5.56
UK READING $5.56
UK NORWICH $5.54
GERMANY FRANKFURT $5.29
DENMARK COPENHAGEN $5.08
NORWAY STAVANGER $5.07
NORWAY OSLO $4.93
ITALY ROME $4.86
TURKEY ISTANBUL $4.85
PORTUGAL LISBON $4.80
KOREA SEOUL $4.71
SWITZERLAND GENEVA $4.56
KOREA KOJE/OKPO $4.53
AUSTRIA VIENNA $4.50
CROATIA ZAGREB $4.32
JAPAN TOKYO $3.84
AUSTRALIA SYDNEY $2.63
CAMBODIA PHNOM PENH $2.57
TAIWAN TAIPEI $2.47
GEORGIA TBILISI $2.31
LAOS VIENTIANE $1.66
THAILAND BANGKOK $1.60
CHINA TIANJIN $1.54
CHINA SHANGHAI $1.48
RUSSIA MOSCOW $1.45
KAZAKHSTAN ALMATY $1.36
KAZAKHSTAN ATYRAU $1.35
TAJIKISTAN DUSHANBE $1.32
AZERBAIJAN BAKU $1.15
VENEZUELA CARACAS $0.14

little onion

Post by little onion »

elliegurl wrote: :roll:
seriously i wonder after all this time if he still enjoys hitting the road and traveling.
i think jay loves to travel. a lot of his writing inspiration comes from being on the road. he has been on the road since he was right out of high school. i think it comes from his dad, the late "pop's farrar" who spent some time in the merchant marines. the double edge sword is he is a family man now so all those miles are not the same as when he was a kid in uncle tupelo. now appearances become obligated to sony the record label who is handling his promotions for the new sonvolt release.

Hoops

Post by Hoops »

Not many. But lots of of government-sponsored killing was going on. You know that.
Well, let me know when we are liberating the Chinese, Saudis, and about 15 African nations from their government sponsored killing.... Oh yeah, there is no oil in Africa or China, and well the Saudis and the Bushs may be old buddies....