space junk

ct

Post by ct »

Bump

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

Damaged Son

Post by Damaged Son »

trousersnakeandlarry wrote:Through the darkness of futures past, the magician longs to see. One chants out between two worlds: "Fire Walk With Me." We lived among the people - I think you say convenience store? We lived above it. I mean it like it is, like it sounds. My name is Mike. His name is Bob.
Beware of Bob.

How's Annie?

trousersnakeandlarry

Post by trousersnakeandlarry »

Through the darkness of futures past, the magician longs to see. One chants out between two worlds: "Fire Walk With Me." We lived among the people - I think you say convenience store? We lived above it. I mean it like it is, like it sounds. My name is Mike. His name is Bob.

Tom Joad

Post by Tom Joad »

Being lazy, I just recorded it onto my 4-track, then flipped the tape over. It actually sounds alot more...natural? (Question mark DEFINITELY put there on purpose)
Alot of the sounds were keyboards and guitars thrown backwards or sped up. Playing it backwards, it's almost like the aural representation of untying a knot.

gb68

sharing the intellectual wealth

Post by gb68 »

calexico wrote:
LH wrote:This way my way back in 6th grade of listening to Stairway backwards.
Didn't have a lot of friends in 6th grade then? :wink:
I didn't really have any friends in the 6th grade, either, but it takes a real MacGyver-type to come up with, and boldly act on, the backwards-tape idea. I'm just glad LH uses his/her genius for good instead of evil. We'd all be in deep shit otherwise.

calexico

Post by calexico »

LH wrote:record them from cd onto a blank tape. take the tape apart and reverse the way that the tape feeds, then put the tape back together and play. This way my way back in 6th grade of listening to Stairway backwards. it works, easy to do.
Didn't have a lot of friends in 6th grade then? :wink:

gb68

high time for low tech

Post by gb68 »

LH wrote:record them from cd onto a blank tape. take the tape apart and reverse the way that the tape feeds, then put the tape back together and play. This way my way back in 6th grade of listening to Stairway backwards. it works, easy to do.
Thanks for the low-tech tip. I'll have to try it.

Do you also make weapons out of Lysol containers like MacGyver?

trousersnakeandlarry

Bob, I want all my Garmenbozia.

professor_squishy

Post by professor_squishy »

trousersnakeandlarry wrote:I ran it backwards and was shocked at what I heard.
Shocked I tell you!!!!
What? What???!!! Did it say "Jeff is dead"????

trousersnakeandlarry

I ran it backwards and was shocked at what I heard.
Shocked I tell you!!!!

LH

Post by LH »

record them from cd onto a blank tape. take the tape apart and reverse the way that the tape feeds, then put the tape back together and play. This way my way back in 6th grade of listening to Stairway backwards. it works, easy to do.

gb68

over under sideways down

Post by gb68 »

professor_squishy wrote:Has anyone tried playing them backwards? Just wondering...
I've thought about it, but I don't currently have the technology. When I'm done with school, I want to hook up with my friend who's got all kinds of recording gear and see what we can do. He's assured me that it's possible, but right now, I don't have the time to mess around with such frivolous tech-geek fun. (Although I do seem to be able to make time for visiting this message board...)

Damaged Son

Post by Damaged Son »

Momo wrote:I honestly find them moving, in light of the fact those songs were written in the middle of family loss. They almost sounded like spirits passing.
Wow Momo.
That concept just gave me cold chills....eerie and sad sound segments indeed.

professor_squishy

Post by professor_squishy »

I like them too.

Has anyone tried playing them backwards? Just wondering...