conversations with jay

stratoman

Post by stratoman »

twitcher73 wrote:
bigdieseltrucker wrote:Twitcher, you fucker. Hook, line, and sinker..............
I'm just shocked I was able to come up with such a tall tale in the course of a few minutes...

I do that to my wife all the time... just start telling tall tales off the cuff and run with them... I should have been a professional grifter...
Have you thought about becoming a health insurance agent?

calexico

Post by calexico »

twitcher73 wrote:
bigdieseltrucker wrote:Twitcher, you fucker. Hook, line, and sinker..............
I'm just shocked I was able to come up with such a tall tale in the course of a few minutes...

I do that to my wife all the time... just start telling tall tales off the cuff and run with them... I should have been a professional grifter...

Comes in handy when you have spent the housekeeping money on hookers!

twitcher73

Post by twitcher73 »

little onion

Post by little onion »

had a nice but brief conversation with jay at the borders show in madison. the autograph nazis wouldn't let me get my old ticket stubs from some sonvolt shows signed by jay. so i had to go out to my car and get my cd cover to have him sign that. i was pissed at first because i had to go to the back of the line. but since jay went thru the crowd fast and i was the last one in line we had a chance to talk. i brought up an old friend of his who helped record one of the old sonvolt records and was also at luthers blues behind the soundboard the night they taped "clear day thunder" for the stone, steel & bright lights live cd. i thought maybe that was why the track made the cut but jay said he didn't even know he was in attendance and hadn't had a chance to see him in years. after commenting about him coming to madison 3 times in the last couple of years he laughed and i said see you in milwaukee.

bigdieseltrucker

Post by bigdieseltrucker »

Twitcher, you fucker. Hook, line, and sinker..............

calexico

Post by calexico »

He's just a gusher isn't he? :D

Post by Sticky »

Pretty big hockey fan. Not a huge baseball fan, but while they were recording Okemah, they were constantly checking the scores of the playoffs and WS. I think John was the driving force behind that, but they were all interested.

Conversations with Jay? Hmmm.

Jay: Looking a little ragged. Rough drive?
Me: Missed my exit, got lost and drove all the way around the damn town before I finally got back downtown.
Jay: Easy to do.
Me: Haven't been here in years, lots of construction. By the way, congratulations.
Jay: Why, did I have another kid?
Me: I don't know, talked to Monica lately?
Jay: Not for a couple days.
Me: Better call her then, I meant the Sony thing.
Jay: Oh that. Yeah, I'll call Monica.

chris

JSpill

Post by JSpill »

I think I read somewhere once that he is a hockey fan. Not sure about other sports.

HighPlainsDrifter

Post by HighPlainsDrifter »

That makes me wonder--is Jay a sports fan at all? Maybe s. jay's sig answers that, I don't know... I could imagine him being a baseball fan though.

twitcher73

Post by twitcher73 »

It was game 3 of the World Series and and I was out in St Louis watching the Sox taking out the Cards... Up at the plate is Manny Ramirez and he takes a fast ball deep deep deep to center field. I see the ball land 4 rows in front of me! A huge home run to put the Sox in the driver's seat! The ball bounces up and off the hands of the people a few rows in front, then lands in my outstrecthed hand... I got Manny's home run ball!!!

But I see in front of me, the kid who almost got the ball looks crushed, so I stretch down and hand the ball to the kid. His dad thanks me... as I look up, I see that its Jay Farrar! I'm like, "Mr. Farrar! Wow! This is an honor!" He's like "hey man, its all about the game!"...

My friend who was with me got so pissed that I gave up the ball, he punches me in the face! I fall down and he starts pulling my leg... pulling my leg... just like I'm doing to you all...

Talus

Post by Talus »

Classic! Kind of a reverse of my friend's meeting with Van the Man:

He's in New York, walking down the street, and he sees Van. He starts telling him how he's his favorite, and how big a fan he is, Van, who's very drunk says ARRRRGG and keeps walking.

calexico

Post by calexico »

The Scene:

I am out on a sidestreet in Kilkenny,drunk and trying to explain to my wife how I could possibly be drunk at 11:30 in the morning.

Jay passes me by going down the sidestreet,shopping bags from some swanky store in his hand.

I say to the other participant in my conversation.."Hey,there goes Jay Farrar!"

She says..."who?"

Jay turns around and says..."Hey man!"

Fade out on my moment in the great man's presence.

darell

conversations with jay

Post by darell »

there's been a bunch of posts with people's conversations with jay posted lately, and i'm very intrigrued.

post 'em here if you've got 'em. (i've never even seen him live :()