STRAIGHTAWAYS packaging

fygmynt

Post by fygmynt »

excellent description. now i've got it. i feel sufficiently prepared.

thanks everybody!

~fygmynt

ClubFoot Sandwich

Post by ClubFoot Sandwich »

fygmynt wrote:i'm not quite getting the picture. is it a digipak, with a plastic tray inside the cardboard folder? or is it more like a cardboard sleeve, a'la being there (only less convoluted).

~fygmynt
Yes, it's more like Being There only more minimal. Basically, it's just like a sleeve for an LP only reduced in size for a CD. Can you picture it? It's pretty flimsy, honestly, though I applaud the use of a recycle-able, enviro-friendly package.

Guinness

Post by Guinness »

It's just a cardboard sleeve.

fygmynt

Post by fygmynt »

i'm not quite getting the picture. is it a digipak, with a plastic tray inside the cardboard folder? or is it more like a cardboard sleeve, a'la being there (only less convoluted).

~fygmynt

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

yer a crass ass

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

...and hook'em up with a couple cases of bottled water, too!!!

half-n-half

lecture time

Post by half-n-half »

thanks, but we have no winter here. besides mr. uppercrustwhitebreadsnootypants, those ARE the living conditions/housing structures of some of our brothers and sisters south 'o the border. yep, true, i've seen it w/ my own two big brown eyes. please send all carboard materials there.
thank you.

saratoga jay

...ouch...

Post by saratoga jay »

Hey Momo,

If you have any extra cardboard (Straightaways cd cover, empty beer cases, appliance packaging, etc), could you please send it down to Half-n-Half? I heard she is looking to put an addition on to her cardboard box...errr....I mean her house. Every little bit will help ya know, and besides winter is coming soon.

Thanks.

Momo

Post by Momo »

My Straightaways, also bought immediately and cardboard, tore. This happen to anyone else? Always took care of it too. Shit just ripped.

Coffee Creek

Post by Coffee Creek »

Yea ... what those two said.

-- CC

Long Slow Fade

Post by Long Slow Fade »

Yeah, same here. Mine was bought the day it came out and it was cardboard. Not to worry.

rgk

Post by rgk »

i got my copy when it first came out and it is cardboard, so this guy is giving you a legit. copy.
not to worry.....

fygmynt

STRAIGHTAWAYS packaging

Post by fygmynt »

i just won an auction on ebay for son volt's straightaways, and the dealer said something about it being in a cardboard case, that all earely releases came with a cardboard case.

i was thinking they probably meant a digipak case, but i'm not sure as i can't recall ever seeing an actual copy. so my question is: does straightaways come with a jewel case or a digipak, and has that changed at all through the years?

if it isn't a digipak, then i'm assuming this must be some sort of early review copy or something in a sleeve. and i'm not thrilled about it, but i won the album for under $2.50, so i ain't complainin'.

~fygmynt