cduniverse.com

SmokeBeatsWater

Post by SmokeBeatsWater »

Initially, I prefer the II's to the I's. Closer to the SV vibe I guess.

The next step is at least a year away, but I would think Mark Spencer would still be in the mix somehow/someway. They really seem to click real well together. Would make for a crowded stage if that indeed ends up being the case, momo.

JG

Post by JG »

Cahokian I think may be my favorite song on the album... Different strokes for different folks... :wink: I am totally moved by that song... even before I knew what it was about.. then I was moved even more...

momo

TB

Post by momo »

I love it for the most part. Not crazy about the middle part from Cahokian until the Space Junk before California. Then it picks up again. But the first six and the last five (meaning before all the alternate takes begin) are by and large spectacular and his best songs since Medicine Hat and Hanging Blue Side. The live sound is great and his singing is real raw and sad and full of feeling. On some of the songs he almost sounds like he had been shouting or smoking smokes all day before recording. Dent County is the absolute highlight. On the flip side Cahokian is too wordy and totally hookless. Not like pop hooks, just even something to make it memorable. Nice cello though. But overall the man is back. And I want to be the first to predict that the next album will be a SV one. Definitely think the pendulum will now swing back to plugging in.

fraggle

momo

Post by fraggle »

so momo, what do you think of TB so far? And what do you think of Jay's plan to tour with the band Canyon backing him later in the fall?

Haggischomper

Post by Haggischomper »

Thank ye, Sir.

It's good to be at work before anyone else gets in - my only chance to hear music here.

momo

cduniverse.com

Post by momo »

Sounds samples of all TB songs at cduniverse.com