wehideandseek

Post by wehideandseek »

FOB
SBD
AUD
ORTF!

Talus

Post by Talus »

Fenrisinho wrote:Didn't know about the Bogart term, thanks!
Don't bogart that joint my friend
Pass it over to me
Don't bogart that joint my friend
Pass it over to me

Roll another one
Just like the other one
You've been holding on to it
And I sure will like a hit

[chorus]

Roll another one
Just like the other one
That one's burned to the end
Come on and be a real friend

originally in Easy Rider

Trellis

Post by Trellis »

Consarnit: Old-timey-mining-man-in-red-underpants expression of disappointment and sometimes disgust.

Ce n'est pas de mini golf, huh? : French Quebecker expression indicating that the object or practice in question isn't of high quality.

Jeebus: Reference to the Simpsons. Instead of saying "Jesus" as a swear you say "Jeebus," which is less offensive (sort of) and more funny.

Process of production of belief: long way of saying ideology.

Fenrytize: when you write a post and then make it sound more Fenry.

Fenrisinho

Post by Fenrisinho »

Didn't know about the Bogart term, thanks!

twitcher73

Academia

Post by twitcher73 »

For a course in Technical Writing, I had to compile a list of 5 slang terms commonly used that other audiences might not understand:

1. Four O Four (404) - An error code used on the internet when a requested page is not found. One might say "I brain just went 404 when you asked me that question."

2. Bogart - To consume a product in such a way as to ignore those individuals with whom you have agreed to share. "I brought those chips for everyone. Don't Bogart them!"

3. Pimped out - to decorate in flashy or dramatic fashion. "Joe bought this beat up old Chevy, but he pimped it out with fresh paint, gold rims, and a spoiler and it looks great. "

4. Googled - generic term for looking up information about a person, place, or thing on the internet, often, but not always using the Google search engine.

5. Tweedy - To try to steal your best friend's girlfriend through the use of mellodrama and self deprication. "As they drove home in the van, Jeff tried Tweedying Jay's girlfriend, crying that without her, he would never find true happiness."