WZ RIP

princess buttercup

Warren Z

Post by princess buttercup »

my sympathies are with you Haggy

professor_squishy

Post by professor_squishy »

Entertaining (albeit short) interview with Warren accessible on KFOG's main page:

http://www.kfog.com/

Don't know how long it will be there...

half-n-half

it's too sad in here

Post by half-n-half »

{edited for inappropriate content}
Last edited by half-n-half on Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alexa

Post by Alexa »

Warren Zevon: :cry:

waltermitty

wz

Post by waltermitty »

I fully agree with the comments on this post. Zevon was both a talented singer/songwriter and refreshingly self-depravating artist. That combination is far to uncommon in this absolutely earnest age. He will be missed.

Haggischomper

Post by Haggischomper »

I once saw him play Glasgow a couple of years back. No band, just him, his acoustic and his piano. A great night. He actually did a song I didn't recognise that was really poignant and struck a chord with me. I stuck some lyrics I remembered next day in Yahoo and back popped a poem by Robert Burns - Parcel of Rogues in a Nation. Turns out this guy was playing me a song by one of Scotland's most famous and celebrated sons and I didn't even realise. It took this foreigner to teach me a little of my own history and culture - I guess that's Warren for you. I beleive his mother (or maybe his grandmother) was Scottish which is why he knew of the song/poem. So he wasn't really that much of a foreigner after all. Anyway, a great night that really left an impression on me. Glad I saw him.

gb68

There'll never be another like him.

Post by gb68 »

I knew he was close to the end, but Haggischomper's post was the first I'd heard that Mr. Zevon is no longer with us. To say he was one of a kind is almost an understatement. He was practically his own genre.

Whatever it is that awaits us in the Great Beyond, I hope Warren Zevon has found peace. By all accounts, he was not only a great artist, but a pretty all right guy as well.

My sympathies to his fans & family.
Last edited by gb68 on Wed Sep 10, 2003 5:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

with all due respect, i always thought he was a handsome man.

i wonder if he's met Robert Urich yet?

hanzsluga

Goodbye Warren

Post by hanzsluga »

He was a good man by the best of standards. He'll be missed sorely.

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

sorry haggis.

i wonder if david latterman & paul schaeffer will do something specical for him. he was a friend of the show.

kinda wierd but a few days ago i was thinking about WZ wonderin' if he'd miraculouly defy the odds.

Antelope850

Post by Antelope850 »

His new album is definitely worth getting. Great tunes .. funny, poignant lyrics.

Haggischomper

WZ RIP

Post by Haggischomper »

Poor Warren Zevon.

Not sure how many fans of his hang out over here but a little of the fun just went out of music.