Spa City Hangout ....

saratoga jay

Spa City Hangout ....

Post by saratoga jay »

:cry: oh, what (somewhat forgotten) memories...

SARATOGA SPRINGS -- This Sunday, E. O'Dwyer's will close its doors for the last time.
Tom Dwyer has been running the bar at 15 Spring St. for 15 years and has lived in Saratoga Springs his whole life.
The new owner of the building, Frank Panza, is going in a different direction with the space.
Panza could not be reached to say what his plans are.
Dwyer said he decided to get out before he was given notice.
Most of O'Dwyer's longtime employees have already left. Dwyer said they worked for him part time.
There will be two last hurrahs at O'Dwyer's: a Halloween party Saturday night and the farewell party Sunday.
As for what's next for Dwyer, he said, 'When one door closes, another one opens.'
Another O'Dwyer's opening up in the future is a possibility that Dwyer isn't counting out.
'I may find a new spot and reopen. Who knows,' he said. 'I saved all the old Saratoga stuff off of the walls just in case.'
He said most of the old equipment has been sold off and there are no more bars on Spring Street.
Dwyer wanted to tell his faithful customers one thing: 'I'm not sad, so they shouldn't be. We'll see them at the next place.'