How Was JAY at ACL???

sturgeongeneral

Post by sturgeongeneral »

Must be a slow day in the news room.

Linwood Thorpe

Post by Linwood Thorpe »

I was at this show. I remember the performance being great, but what I remember most was how many people were watching him. Thousands! It also was not hot, at first at the ACL festival.

Sorry about the delay in my review... :D

princess buttercup

halfie

Post by princess buttercup »

yer a good shit......maybe we'll see you at SXSW

princess buttercup

halfie

yer a good shit......maybe we'll see you at SXSW

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

i got so nervous sayin' gay, i double posted.

gay,

half

half-n-half

to pb

Post by half-n-half »

girl, if i wasn't such an anonymous dorkus i would have loved to have chauffered you around and been yer personal taxi. shit, i would have even pulled yer sheets down and drawn you a warm bath for after the show. :oops: (not gay like)

half-n-half

to pb

Post by half-n-half »

girl, if i wasn't such an anonymous dorkus i would have loved to have chauffered you around and been yer personal taxi. shit, i would have even pulled yer sheets down and drawn you a warm bath for after the show. :oops: (not gay like)

Hank Snow

Post by Hank Snow »

Jay was easily the best artist at ACLfest. Whether acoustic or rocking out with Canyon it was just indredible. Like a Hurricane was better than even Neil Young could imagine. The whole event was great, but Jay Farrar was the best, by far.[/img]

Alexa

Post by Alexa »

I wish I had been there. :cry:

princess buttercup

that's sweet halfie :)
we had a very nice stay although i need to find a hotel closer to downtown for sxsw 2004. got ripped off by a taxi driver coming from the airport, but i suppose that's par for the course. the rain wasn't too horrible to take, but i was looking forward to some sun since it's getting pretty chilly here
but oh well. not going back for ACL Fest again most likely.....just too many folks in one place for me.

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

i looked for you P.

did you enjoy your stay here?

the light rain during Jay was nice.

princess buttercup

it was a great experience Halfie! sorry i missed you, but i know you prefer to remain anonymous. it was tough choosing between Jay and The Drive By Truckers, but Jay was wonderful and Canyon sounds great backing him. I did miss the backing vocals though; the only time the guy from Canyon sang was on Like A Hurricane which did indeed rock.
Jay started out solo acoustic for a couple songs and then Canyon joined him for most of the set. The last 2 songs were acoustic Windfall and Tear Stained Eye and then the band joined Jay again for Hurricane. Beautiful set. I can't wait for tomorrow night!

Sleepy Groves

Post by Sleepy Groves »

I know Jays ACL performance was being recorded. I'm guessin' it will surface somehow, somewhere, someday.

nooch

need copy of Austin City Lmts Fest...have others 2 trade!

Post by nooch »

I've only been to a few shows (wilco, son volt and now ACL). I gotta say, I was completely blown away by the blistering performance on Like a Hurricane. I was truly phased by it. I'd love to get hold of a copy to see if it really happened that way or maybe i was imagining it. anyone know how to get a copy of the ACL show?

dEvRoNiKa

Post by dEvRoNiKa »

I will be posting a detailed post in a bit, but ...

Yes, he did start acoustic.
Canyon kicked ASS backing him up.
He did a couple of Son Volt tunes/acoustic-solo, toward the end of the set.
They ended with Like a Hurricane, and it absolutely ROCKED

He had a VERY good show at ACL.

I should have pictures shortly!

Austin City Limits - One word; PERFECT!!!