Who is Beetle Bob?

calexico

Re: Beatle Bob

Post by calexico »

princess buttercup wrote:see the first page, Calexico. I was going to try and post a picture of Beatle Bob sneaking up on Richard Buckner and scaring the crap out of him at ACL 2003, but I deleted that photo I guess.

:lol:

I imagine Buckner is the kind of scare easy guy who would get soooooo bumped off quick if you did Scream in a singer/songwriter vein.

RedPlectrum

Post by RedPlectrum »

Talus

Post by Talus »

calexico wrote:Anyone got a pic of thie Beetle Bob guy? Is he just some weirdo? Like Tal?
Hey! I'm not just SOME wierdo!

princess buttercup

Beatle Bob

Post by princess buttercup »

see the first page, Calexico. I was going to try and post a picture of Beatle Bob sneaking up on Richard Buckner and scaring the crap out of him at ACL 2003, but I deleted that photo I guess.

calexico

Post by calexico »

Anyone got a pic of thie Beetle Bob guy? Is he just some weirdo? Like Tal?

Post by Sticky »

I won't play a DD in a slot loader, which means computer only. I rip the audio side and it plays fine in my main system, but my car rarely plays them.

The stage cam was unmanned, but it's mine. It started on Jay, but the lights started flipping out the filter, so I moved it to Chris for about half an hour. When I changed tapes, I took the filter off and put it on Jay and Andrew again. Haven't digitized that tape yet, but the first one looks like this:

I may get to the other one later tonight.

chris

jeffra

Post by jeffra »

I have a hard time playing Dualdisc in my car. My cd player, which is factory and new, plays the music half the time.

Anyone else?

Sticky: Who had the small mini-cam pointed up Jay's nose?

untilisayso

Post by untilisayso »

I guess if I felt compelled to stay close to the stage at shows he might get on my nerves, but I usually hang around back so he doesn't bother me.

For a while at the Pageant they were letting him on the side of the stage out of people's way. I guess that was just up to the band.

Random useless fact: He doens't drive... he exclusively uses public transportation or his friends to get around.

I saw him on Metrolink once. He was reading a book. It seemed kinda ironic.

alma

Post by alma »

Sticky wrote:Sure I know Wiland. Saw him Saturday at SV. Hardly get to talk to many folks during shows, but we've had a couple beers together. Good guy.

cheers
fer sure.

Post by Sticky »

Sure I know Wiland. Saw him Saturday at SV. Hardly get to talk to many folks during shows, but we've had a couple beers together. Good guy.

cheers

alma

Post by alma »

Sticky wrote:Nothing to be jealous of, we try and earn our keep. The bands let us in free and we videotape with anywhere from 2 to 6 cameras. We try and give them a decent multi-cam DVD that they can give away or sell at shows. We do it for free, just trying to help out. I have to admit that I didn't buy anything at Son Volt Sat. I would have if they had the regular CD, but they only had the DD, which I already bought. Need the regular CD for my car.

chris
Sticky- You know Wiland right? Tell me if I need to be more specific- but I fwd the munsters video to him and I thought he mentioned he knew ya?

Damaged Son

Post by Damaged Son »

Sticky wrote:Need the regular CD for my car.

chris
I needed one too.
It's hard to find.
I only found 1 copy at Newbury Comics in Harvard Square a few weeks ago (and they only had 2 copies of the DualDisc left after initially having a whole bunch).
If you include the iTunes i purchased the night before the album came out in stores, that makes essentially 4 versions that i now own.
:shock:
:D

Post by Sticky »

Nothing to be jealous of, we try and earn our keep. The bands let us in free and we videotape with anywhere from 2 to 6 cameras. We try and give them a decent multi-cam DVD that they can give away or sell at shows. We do it for free, just trying to help out. I have to admit that I didn't buy anything at Son Volt Sat. I would have if they had the regular CD, but they only had the DD, which I already bought. Need the regular CD for my car.

chris

alma

Post by alma »

Sticky wrote:
alma wrote:Admit it- aren't we all just jealous that he's got a successful scam and we don't? Who wouldn't love to get into 500 shows a year for free.
Not in the least. I can get into almost any show I want free, but unless I videotape, I pay. Even then I usually buy a CD or t-shirt just to help the bands. I don't try and scam them for free.

I think he's a pretty decent guy, but he's gotten full of himself.

cheers
Alright Sticky-
Now I'm jealous of you. And yes- If I got in for free I'd by the merch as well.

Post by Sticky »

alma wrote:Admit it- aren't we all just jealous that he's got a successful scam and we don't? Who wouldn't love to get into 500 shows a year for free.
Not in the least. I can get into almost any show I want free, but unless I videotape, I pay. Even then I usually buy a CD or t-shirt just to help the bands. I don't try and scam them for free.

I think he's a pretty decent guy, but he's gotten full of himself.

cheers