Chicago set list

brand new heart

Post by brand new heart »

Hell, if you're gonna close with a Neil scorcher why not whip out "Powderfinger?!"

ChiDavid78

Post by ChiDavid78 »

I wouldnt mind seeing him do Cairo Blues again... great song. Have any boots made it out this way yet?

Bigb

Post by Bigb »

What a shocker that they closed with Hurricane!! I believe that they would set an all-time record for not mixing up the set list if they continue this for a couple more weeks!

brand new heart

you're right - they played it toward the end and, yep, they rocked it - maybe around "drain,' as that's when we were knocking back a couple shots and my writing gets kinda sloppy - funny I left it off since it's one of my faves!
thanks for the acoustic info, gb

ChiDavid78

Post by ChiDavid78 »

Feed Kill Chain was toward the end of the main set.... GREAT show indeed. I agree ont he voice thing. Was hard to hear his voice at times. But this was definately my fav Farrar show. I hope he keeps it this way awhile. The MS thing was getting boring.

gb68

easy as FKC

Post by gb68 »

Hey

I heard from someone who was at the Metro show that "Feed Kill Chain" was among the songs Jay played with Canyon. He said it was one of the best jams that night, but I didn't see it on your list. Just curious.

Elsewhere on the board here, someone who got hold of a set list in Minneapolis said the new song from early in the shows currently goes by the name "Six String Belief."

I just picked up my copy of No Depression yesterday.
Reading Mike Heidorn's extensive liner notes and Jay's brief summaries of the CD's bonus tracks was nearly as entertaining as listening to the actual music. I'm not going to let another thirteen years go by before I hook up with the rest of their stuff, that I can say for sure.

Another musical JF whose recorded work I hold in very high regard is the late John Fahey, and while bolstering my UT collection yesterday, I also found a copy of Fahey's 1968 Vanguard release The Yellow Princess. Anyone who likes instrumental guitar music should definitely check out Fahey.

All right. See you around.

mcarlton

Post by mcarlton »

I made it the Metro as well and was impressed. Was hoping to hear Out on the Road but he was really good. Would have been nice to have a little more volume on his voice during Canyon backed- up numbers. Great Show.

brand new heart

Chicago set list

One word: Wow :D

Jay solo:
Greenwich time
Punch drunk
Hard is the fall
new song (I think; anybody know?)

Jay with Canyon:
Feel free
Make it alright