If there was 1 question you could ask Jay, what would it be?

Antelope850

Post by Antelope850 »

Neverwonagrammy wrote:I would ask Jay why he bought Minwax Polyshades polyurethane, instead of separate cans of stain, and clear Poly.
Polyshades never works, I proved it, on every one of his bedroom doors, and still feel bad about it, even though he was the one who insisted on the Polyshades...
Brian
This story made me think of Steve Martin's plumbers joke:

"OK, I don't like to gear my material to the audience, but I'd like to make an exception, because I was told that there is a convention of plumbers in town this week—I understand about 30 of them came down to the show tonight—so before I came out, I worked up a joke especially for the plumbers. Those of you who aren't plumbers probably won't get this and won't think it's funny, but I think those of you who are plumbers will really enjoy this. This lawn supervisor was out on a sprinkler maintenance job, and he started working on a Findlay sprinkler head with a Langstrom seven-inch gangly wrench. Just then this little apprentice leaned over and said, 'You can't work on a Findlay sprinkler head with a Langstrom seven-inch wrench.' Well, this infuriated the supervisor, so he went and got Volume 14 of the Kinsley manual, and he reads to him and says, 'The Langstrom seven-inch wrench can be used with the Findlay sprocket.' Just then the little apprentice leaned over and says, 'It says sprocket, not socket!' [Worried pause.] "Were these plumbers supposed to be here this show?"

farrarfan1

Post by farrarfan1 »

That's what I thought it meant.

farrarfan1

Post by farrarfan1 »

calexico wrote:I would ask Jay:

"Why do you keep letting Henneman into your house? He totally fucked up those doors, you know. They look like the doors to a well used knocking shop now."
Googling "knocking shop" right now.

calexico

Post by calexico »

I would ask Jay:

"Why do you keep letting Henneman into your house? He totally fucked up those doors, you know. They look like the doors to a well used knocking shop now."

sam6025

Post by sam6025 »

Neverwonagrammy wrote:I would ask Jay why he bought Minwax Polyshades polyurethane, instead of separate cans of stain, and clear Poly.
Polyshades never works, I proved it, on every one of his bedroom doors, and still feel bad about it, even though he was the one who insisted on the Polyshades...
Brian
You never win when cutting corners, that's the key to the deal. That'll teach Jay to try to cut a bit of the budget on a 2-in-1 deal.

Rebuilding an old house taught me that...never cut corners on material. Do it the long way and do it right!

farrarfan1

Post by farrarfan1 »

Hank Snow wrote:I would ask "How is every body doing", and add, "thanks for coming out".
You do a great Jay. It was like he was right here in person.

sturgeongeneral

Post by sturgeongeneral »

'what music/musicians are you presently listening to'?
one of my primary means for finding out about new music is from the artists whose shows i attend. for instance, i learned of r.l. burnside from malcolm holcombe several years back. probably would have never known of this amazing mississippi blues man otherwise.

camaroheadus

Post by camaroheadus »

megaballs1 wrote:Gotta fess up to a small stalking like event...a couple of weeks back in Solana Beach, after driving a couple of hours, I pulled in to the parking lot 2 1/2 hours before Anders opening...so I walked around back and lit a smoke.
Jay and Anders pulled up not a minute later...Jay driving of course... Anders lugs his shit out and I'm in this alley not 10-20 feet from Jay.
What question did I ask? I told him how excited I was for the Kerouac flick and his music..."When will the picture get released?"

Looks at me for a full minute....says

" I don't know"

Five minutes later he's back...he's getting a guitar out of the trunk of the non-descript van...question #2

"Can I help you carry something?"

"No."
thats hilarious, great story.

Hank Snow

Post by Hank Snow »

I would ask "How is every body doing", and add, "thanks for coming out".

SPIKE

Post by SPIKE »

Have you ever read your message board?

Hoops

Post by Hoops »

Brian
I have absolutely no idea what you just said, but I bet it is funny.

Neverwonagrammy

Post by Neverwonagrammy »

I would ask Jay why he bought Minwax Polyshades polyurethane, instead of separate cans of stain, and clear Poly.
Brian

kellyann

Post by kellyann »

megaballs1 wrote:Gotta fess up to a small stalking like event...a couple of weeks back in Solana Beach, after driving a couple of hours, I pulled in to the parking lot 2 1/2 hours before Anders opening...so I walked around back and lit a smoke.
Jay and Anders pulled up not a minute later...Jay driving of course... Anders lugs his shit out and I'm in this alley not 10-20 feet from Jay.
What question did I ask? I told him how excited I was for the Kerouac flick and his music..."When will the picture get released?"

" I don't know"

Five minutes later he's back...he's getting a guitar out of the trunk of the non-descript van...question #2

"No."
hahahahaha

hardwood floor

Post by hardwood floor »

" I don't know"

"No."
that story is funny as shit

megaballs1

Post by megaballs1 »

Gotta fess up to a small stalking like event...a couple of weeks back in Solana Beach, after driving a couple of hours, I pulled in to the parking lot 2 1/2 hours before Anders opening...so I walked around back and lit a smoke.

" I don't know"

"No."