whats your favorite Uncle Tupelo album

Fenrisinho

Post by Fenrisinho »

calexico wrote:
Fenrisinho wrote: I've gotta invest some money in that dude, the Norwegian section in my record collection counts two albums.. :oops:
That's two more than most! :D
Hmm, I suppose I would be some sort of authority on norwegian music on this forum then?

calexico

Post by calexico »

Fenrisinho wrote: I've gotta invest some money in that dude, the Norwegian section in my record collection counts two albums.. :oops:
That's two more than most! :D

Fenrisinho

Post by Fenrisinho »

barclocksays3am wrote:
Fenrisinho wrote:
Jan Garbarek ROCKS btw.. in a smooth neuvau jazz kinda way..
Not all of Garbarek`s music is smooth neuvau jazz,one of his early records Afric Pepperbird is explosive free jazz.
I've gotta invest some money in that dude, the Norwegian section in my record collection counts two albums.. :oops:

barclocksays3am

Post by barclocksays3am »

Fenrisinho wrote:
Not all of Garbarek`s music is smooth neuvau jazz,one of his early records Afric Pepperbird is explosive free jazz.

Fenrisinho

Post by Fenrisinho »

March 16-20 1992 might be my favourite, and then Anodyne and Still Feel Gone would come as close 2nds.

calexico

Post by calexico »

Probably unpopular choice with the twang lovers but I adore March 16-20....all the acoustic stuff on it is just wonderful and never a week goes by without bringing it out again.And Moonshiner gets played more than anything else on it.

Route

Post by Route »

Guess I'd have to say Still Feel Gone, then Anodyne, March and No Depression. Although Graveyard Shift is one of my all time favorite UT songs.

Gunstar_Red

Post by Gunstar_Red »

March 16-20 for me, tho I like em all, with No Depression at the bottom of my list.

fraggle

best UT album

Post by fraggle »

March 16-20, followed closely by Anodyne

elliegurl

Post by elliegurl »

to begin i like all the uncle tupelo cds, but anodyne is my fav by far. i have the remastered cd and it sounds very good!
:)
ellie
ps i little grumble here, don't ya hate/love when they rerelease cds and remaster them, especially when you have the old cd or even album and have to buy it again? i think you should be able to trade the old copy in for a big discount.
anodyne does sound really good remastered though!

Danger_Bird

Post by Danger_Bird »

No Depression was the 1st I ever heard from them. My brother was a big fan and one cold morning in Jan 1996 I saw the tape on the washing machine and took it with me to work. It made a HUGE impression on me and thus it has become one of my all time favorites, by any band. Sooooo much energy, what an incredible debut that was!

Danger_Bird

ulsaint

Post by ulsaint »

I'm going to have to go with Still Feel Gone.

Gun, Still Be Around, Looking For a Way Out, Postcard, True to Life are all just classics.

rusty-old-tunes

Post by rusty-old-tunes »

id have to say no depression is my fav

Talus

Post by Talus »

dEvRoNiKa wrote:I’m still disturbed by all the Jodel-hating.
I swear, my next dog … Jodel.
You just watch me.

JUST WATCH!!
That's OK, but Levon is taken.

Talus

Post by Talus »

Love Jodel, I wonder where the name came from? I think the German General is spelled differently. Favorite album would have to be March, although I'm really warming up to Still Feel Gone. I love Anodyne also, but i agree with everyone that said it feels like Jay/Jeff solo albums.