Chicago record stores, food, bars near Lincoln Pk. N.?

LH

Post by LH »

Martyrs is a prety good venue, as is the Beat Kitchen.

http://www.martyrslive.com/
It's a couple blocks south on Lincoln from Irving Park.

http://beatkitchen.com/
It's on Belmont and Hoyne

francesca

Post by francesca »

Hey I used to live just a few blocks away from that Days Inn. It's been a few years but I know the area hasn't changed all that much. One of my most favorite places to go around there is Duke Of Perth (here's more info including exact address http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/sear ... 6334.venue). It's a Scottish bar / restaurant and on Friday nights they offer all-you-can-eat fish & chips. The website I linked to above, Metromix, has tons of info, too. You can check it out if you're looking for something specific. You're going to have a car, right? Another good place for live music is The Hideout. Here's a link to their upcoming calendar http://www.hideoutchicago.com/schedule.html. There are also tons of little fast food joints and cafes within walking distance. You shouldn't have a problem finding something to do.

tillotson505

Re: Chicago record stores, food, bars near Lincoln Pk. N.?

Post by tillotson505 »

homegrown wrote:Hello Chicagoans- we are traveling to your city on January 26th for a couple of days. We will be staying at the Days Inn on Diversey (North Lincoln Park). We will be going to a show at Martyrs and Schubas on Thursday and Friday. Is there anything going on Saturday? We are debating driving back if we don't find a show to go to. Are there any bars or food places near these venues or near the Days Inn that you would highly recommend? Are any of these places near decent record stores? Anything else that some visitors would want to know? It's been a while since we've stayed in the city. Last time we stayed in Schaumburg without a car. Thanks for any help that you can give. If you head to Omaha, I'll try and provide any information that would be helpful to you.
Thanks for your time.
Hey, I stayed in that Hotel about a year and a half ago. Very cool area, but most all of the north side of Chicago is. Stay Saturday and just enjoy the city - if anything, take a cab to a group of bars. Pretty much anything is about a $10 cab ride away.

mcarlton

Post by mcarlton »

www.chicagoreader.com is a good spot to look for whats going on in Chicago.

the art guy

Post by the art guy »

Well, I'm no longer a Chicagoland resident, but I used to frequent that area quite a bit when I was (and when I was a grad student in DeKalb). That hotel is at the intersection of Diversey and Clark (and something else...), and Clark street used to have a few cool record stores within walking distance, as well as bars, restaurants. I once stayed at that hotel after a Son Volt show, actually - it was the infamous 1999 Park West show, after which their equipment got stolen - and I came down to the hotel lobby in the morning and there was Dave Boquist eating breakfast! The band had apparently stayed there too and I didn't even realize it! (I'm not a very good stalker apparently.) I later saw Dave again shopping for CDs at the Borders across the street.

So I guess that might not really be helpful for your travels, but at least know that you're in a pretty cool area. And obviously it's relatively close to all the good places to see shows: Schubas, Martyr's, The Vic, Metro, Riviera, Double Door.....

homegrown

Chicago record stores, food, bars near Lincoln Pk. N.?

Post by homegrown »

Hello Chicagoans- we are traveling to your city on January 26th for a couple of days. We will be staying at the Days Inn on Diversey (North Lincoln Park). We will be going to a show at Martyrs and Schubas on Thursday and Friday. Is there anything going on Saturday? We are debating driving back if we don't find a show to go to. Are there any bars or food places near these venues or near the Days Inn that you would highly recommend? Are any of these places near decent record stores? Anything else that some visitors would want to know? It's been a while since we've stayed in the city. Last time we stayed in Schaumburg without a car. Thanks for any help that you can give. If you head to Omaha, I'll try and provide any information that would be helpful to you.
Thanks for your time.